Author Topic: Ads on Steve's blog  (Read 5318 times)

Offline Paw Paw Ray

• View Profile
    • Paw Paws Workshop
Ads on Steve's blog
« on: August 19, 2014, 08:11:30 am »
I don't care how many ad's show up on his blog.  I don't pay attention to 99% of them.  I just want to thank him for all the wonderful patterns and advise  he has given us over the years.

THANK YOU STEVE.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Ads on Steve's blog
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 08:50:37 am »
I agree 100% with RAY!  I saw the post yesterday that got pulled and it really made me sad.  Steve works every day to bring everyone here FREE patterns and he also works TIRELESSLY to promote us designers. He should be able to put all the ads he wants up here. Everyone here should be GRATEFUL that he takes the HUGE amount of time to keep this site working for US! 

If people don't like the ads, maybe they should try to maintain a site and offer new free patterns every day on their own time. Sorry for sounding crabby, but I just thought it was pretty petty of someone to complain.

Thank you Steve! You are a wonderful FRIEND and ambassador for scroll sawing. I know that most of us appreciate you.

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 09:23:58 am »
Ditto to Sheila's response! All the free patterns and programs Steve has offered us has  made me a better scroller and many times I relay this feeling to my customers when asked about how I got started! GO STEVE!

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 09:45:31 am »
I agree with everything said and I too am very grateful to Steve for all of the time he puts into making this site a pure joy for all of the scrollers that enjoy using his FREE patterns to create many beautiful creations. Some people will always find something to complain about without thinking how it affects others. I for one would like to tell Steve that 99.99% of his followers really appreciate his blog and are grateful for all of his hard work and time that he puts into it. I say, if you don't like what you see then just delete your membership but please don't throw a monkey wrench into this 
great site.

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 10:19:30 am »
I did not see the posting that was pulled, but I'll agree that Steve provides a great service with both the blog and the community forum, and if ads help him do that, I have no problem with them.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline pierre62

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 12:00:40 pm »
I agree with everything and Steeve is the inspiration.
His the Model for me

Thank milion times.
Pierre

Offline wildhorse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 12:18:42 pm »
I agree with everyone Anyone that would challenge these ads has way to much time on their hands. I thank GOD everyday for  Steve and his gifts to all of us. Without him and this site I would still be having lots of challenges with this craft!!!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH STEVE

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 01:06:57 pm »
I also agree with the above posts.  The ads don't bother me, and if it hadn't been for Steve's hard work and generosity I wouldn't know how to scroll saw, nor would I have many of the patterns I have today.  Sheila said she might be sounding a bit crabby about this, but that's OK.  I'm a crabby boater that's not crabbing about a few ads.  Keep it up Steve!
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline kc0iv

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 01:36:28 pm »
I agree with everyone.  I may or may not read the ads.  But fully understand the need for some income.

I copy ever pattern.  May not need it now but who know I might need it latter.

Again STEVE a big THANK-YOU.

leon
kc0iv

Kansas City, MO.

dianetha

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 02:43:23 pm »
I'm so glad I didn't see that post. I remember watching the first two scroll saw school videos. I told my husband to be aware that there was going to be a charge on our Visa because I donated "to this guy's scroll saw class".  My husband said "you know you don't have a scroll saw right?"  I said not yet. That was in May. I got my saw last week, and watched the videos again. Bought Sheila Landry's beginner ebook class. Working my way through that.

This post is a good reminder to me (and others) to go donate again.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 06:17:27 pm »
Ditto to all that has been said.
Shelia you be crabby all you want, If I could put into words that I want to say to that ars*e hole I think I wood be banned....Damn banned after all the years I have been here .

Steve keep it going mate ads n all small donation coming your way.

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Offline 34natl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 07:52:03 pm »
I agree with everything that has been said.i would also like to thank Steve for doing this.
I don't see how anyone can complain about anything about this blog.
Keep up the great work Steve.
Mike

Kragax

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 08:13:27 pm »
I'm new here and didn't see the post but I agree with all of you. I maintain a website and any revenue is always welcome. There is more work to it than most people think and I for one am glad to have found this site. Some of the ads have helped me as well. If you don't like it. Try another forum.

Offline gap15102

• You should see what I saw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 09:02:58 pm »
 Steve hosts a great, FREE site that got me started as a sawdust artist.  The site is professional and patterns are well made for all skill levels. For the time it must take, he deserves to make some money.  He purchases tools for review and gives things away. You can't  do this without money.

Yes, I see the ads on the website.  I know Google places the ads as part of the hosting process. I watch TV.  There is about 22 minutes of content and 8 minutes of commercials.  Commercials pay for the free TV.  If you want commercial free, pay for premium TV or Sirrius radio.

If you don't want ads purchase a pattern book.

Keep up the great work Steve! (I don't read the ads)  OK, I read Mike's Woodshop and bought blades.  Rant is over, back to the shop.

Tropdoug

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 05:33:42 pm »
I didn't see the ads, but I can say this. I was made redundant from Government in Queensland Australia Dec 2102. I was 59 at the time. With 11,000 others also laid off, jobs are just not there for my age group and skills. So I turned to woodworking, my hobby for many years. But my hobby has been in large furniture, and there's not a market without a name. So eighteen months later and dwindling funds, I found this site, and from here a few others. I now have a scroll saw, new oscillating sander and built my own sanding mop for use on my lathe and I have small business starting, that will hopefully see me through to retirement.

Without Steve and this site, I would still be going down the gurgler. Whatever the ads are Steve, let them keep coming, and put the complainers where they deserve to be --- in the toilet. There will always be complainers, do not give them air to breath. You do a fantastic job and obviously love your work, that is what is so inspiring to others.

So along with everyone else keep on going Steve and thank you very much.

Namaste
Douglas

SMF

Teknoromi