Author Topic: I better get off here!  (Read 3531 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
I better get off here!
« on: June 04, 2010, 09:24:08 pm »
and go watch the Cardinal game!

I'm flakier than usual tonight and may get myself in a heap of trouble!

Feeling kinda 'kooky' since I got the news that my new 'bridgework' is only gonna cost me $1,500 bucks! and I was expecting almost twice that.....

But then I will be able to chew like a human again and not like a 'bunny'....

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Dawie

Re: I better get off here!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 02:07:38 am »
So when will this happen? The transfer from rabbit eating to human chewing? Hope the bridge works well  ;)
David

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 11:10:18 am »
I have a great NEW dentist who is younger than my youngest son! Very easy going and laid back. Doesn't have an office like an assembly line.
Some of his first words after asking if I had ever had 'bridgework' before he said, "You are going to hate it and have trouble with it at first! But if you make up your mind to make it work WE will make it work."
Then he proceeded to tell me about the really exotic new stuff that some of the dentists are using and that he personally doesn't recommend them because he tried the things and never could get fully satisfied patients.
My reply to him was, "I am not looking for 'pretty' I am looking for FUNCTION!"
So, we are on the same page and I think all will go OK.
Get impressions on Wednesday next and then about two weeks for the lab to get in a new shipment of steel and put it together. <bg>
His other comment was I may have to learn to talk and chew all over again because of all the new stuff in my mouth.
I've made up my mind that I will make it work so it should not be a bad experience overall. At least all the extractions took place over the past several years and I don't have to fight that.

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Rightarm

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 10:25:53 pm »
   Good luck with that. I remember when I went for my first pair of glasses. The doctor had me read this eye chart. Looked into my eyes and did what ever it is they do. He stops, looks at me, and asks, "Have you ever been hit in the head real hard"? Never really told me what he meant. But I replied "Yes I have. Just which time are you talking about"? dave ;D

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 09:40:49 am »
Hit in the head, Dave?

And tell me, do you know a firefighter or rescue team member that has NOT been clobbered a time or three?
Heck, I was a volunteer and got knocked off a 16' garage roof and fell right on my noggin.
Thank God for helmets...including the ones I wore in football playing an offensive lineman. Talk about getting hit in the head!!! My senior year playing varsity we finally got the new Plastic helmets and most of us interior linemen cracked at least two during the season.

~~~GrayBeard~~~

Rightarm

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 01:53:38 pm »
    Now your telling your age......was your first helmet leather? LOL Dave

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 01:57:09 pm »
Hit in the head, Dave?

And tell me, do you know a firefighter or rescue team member that has NOT been clobbered a time or three?
Heck, I was a volunteer and got knocked off a 16' garage roof and fell right on my noggin.
Thank God for helmets...including the ones I wore in football playing an offensive lineman. Talk about getting hit in the head!!! My senior year playing varsity we finally got the new Plastic helmets and most of us interior linemen cracked at least two during the season.

~~~GrayBeard~~~

That explains alot!!

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 02:22:13 pm »
Hey GrayBeard.  Even if you don't talk so good at first, as long as you can TYPE.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 03:18:32 pm »
    Now your telling your age......was your first helmet leather? LOL Dave

ABSOLUTELY...me and a guy named Clooney!

But I'm better looking ! ! !

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 03:19:47 pm »
Hey GrayBeard.  Even if you don't talk so good at first, as long as you can TYPE.

He tells me my tongue may get in the way of my 'eye teeth' and I won't be able to see what I'm saying!!!

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 11:39:46 pm »
Now THAT is an old one! LOL!!!
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 01:15:06 am »
Does any one remember the first time you went to a doctor and you realized you were older than them?  Rather sobering  :o

Barry  :)

SMF

Teknoromi