Author Topic: My Pattern Bin c.d.  (Read 3818 times)

dirts

My Pattern Bin c.d.
« on: February 19, 2012, 08:33:21 pm »
A few years ago I bought a pattern c.d. from Accents Woodcraft Designs and it worked good in my older computer but now when I do as the c.d. directs it doesn't bring up the file.  The directions where to put in the c.d., open the My Computer icon and then double click the Pattern Bin c.d. and you should see the pattern bin folder.  The pattern bin c.d. does not show up. The disk looks brand new.  Tomarrow I'm going to the library to pop it in one of their computers to see if their computers recognizes the c.d.
The sad part is that the scroll saw patterns are great and I revisited the site and non of them are no longer available.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:34:52 pm by dirts »

tux_linux

Re: My Pattern Bin c.d.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 08:19:57 am »
can you see the CD-Drive when you select "computer" ? When not -> hardware problem.
When the CD-Drive claims there is no CD -> put in CD with silver side down   ;D
Na serious: Then you should check if the CD is broke or if the CD-Drive is not able to read it .
Also clear sign for CD-Rom not able to read is a long. impulsing run of the drive, which is then trying to find the track.

Trying a different machine is a good idea also.

dirts

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 09:26:27 am »
The guys at the station put it in their computer and got zero.  So I went home and cleaned it.  Whalla.  The disc c.d. icon came up and I can at least get into the files.
Thanks for your help.  I'm so thankful that I didn't have to order a loon pattern in despiration.  Shipping 3.95 for a piece of paper. This program has an awesome heron and a loon pattern.  Maybe I should print off Steve's lucky 4 leaf clover.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 08:28:09 pm by dirts »

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 01:41:58 pm »
When my CD's do not work, I get a soft cloth and clean the back side ( shiny side) and 9 out of ten times it works. It seems that the natural oil we always have on our fingers will prevent the reading of the files. I usually clean my most used CD's often and always keep them in the individual CD plastic holder.

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 12:18:00 am »
Now make a backup copy of it before it quits working again.  CD's are optical devices and the film layer can break down.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 06:32:43 am »
In agree, make a back up copy while it's still working (and after you tested the back up, send me the original  ;D ;D ;D just kidding lol)
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

sdaupanner

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 12:10:51 pm »
One other thing to look for as you guy go from computer to computer as in upgrading your old syatem to a new system is the OS which is the operating system: WINDOWS XP then you go to WINDOWS 7 the program might not be compatible with windows 7 but fear not you can make your computer emulate the old system and then your old program should run on your new machine. I do believe you can go to the start programs and when the search box come up look for Emulate what ever Version of windows you have. Should work and I hope this makes it easier that throwing out all of that old programing that you have held on to for years. Good Luck!!!   

boxmaker

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 11:32:51 am »
Make a back up for sure. I now use those little usb flash drives. I lost some pictures a few years back that I had backed up on a cd, and the cd wouldn't read anymore, I cleaned and tried two other computers, I could not get it to read. Now I have two or three back ups on those little flash drives. I do this with all my patterns as well.

JimBarry

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 10:04:36 am »
Hi dirts,

I bought out Accents in Pine a couple years back (copyrights and all). And I've been slow in getting the patterns available again online. I'm hoping in the coming months to find time to do that. The previous owner had let the domain name registration lapse so accentsinpine(.)com is no longer valid.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 09:11:00 am »
Hi dirts,

I bought out Accents in Pine a couple years back (copyrights and all). And I've been slow in getting the patterns available again online. I'm hoping in the coming months to find time to do that. The previous owner had let the domain name registration lapse so accentsinpine(.)com is no longer valid.

Thanks,
Jim

Just one of the readers here hoping to see you and your patterns online.  Drop over to the introduction page and let us know more about you.   Al

dirts:  Glad you got the file up and running again.
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

SMF

Teknoromi