Author Topic: Scanning Software  (Read 897 times)

Davisjr

Scanning Software
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:36:35 am »
Last night I had to purchase a new All-in-One printer due to a failure of my previous printer.

I have never been a big fan of the native scanning software that comes with the printer. Has anyone ever heard of or used a program called Vuescan?

Right now I use Paperport to organize what I scan in. But Paperport uses the native printers scanning software.

Bill

tux_linux

Re: Scanning Software
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 04:13:16 pm »
Windows has an own scanning software build in. It's the "Scanner and Camera Wizard". Check it out, really simple to use.

rtunas

Re: Scanning Software
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 03:42:18 pm »
I use Vuescan Professional all the time. I have been a user since it's infancy and Ed Hamrick is a super person to deal with. I bought a new all in one printer that was not supported by Ed. I emailed him asking about it and within a couple weeks he had a new version that supported my printer. Also if you are an owner of the professional version you get free updates for life. Can that be beat? There is a learning curve as with all software and many items that you almost need to be a photographer to totally understand. However there is a mode that also guides you through usage of the program. My opinion is that it is the absolute best scanner program out there.

SMF

Teknoromi