Author Topic: Some more info. about Firefox and----Not Responding.... :+(  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Some more info. about Firefox and----Not Responding.... :+(
« on: April 08, 2014, 11:40:26 am »
Well I am STILL having Firefox Not Responding SOMETIMES. 

If I UNINSTALL FIREFOX (to install Crome) will I LOOSE all data such as BOOKMARKS, PASSWORDS that Firefox I assume has Stored.  Sure wish I knew more.   Thanks for anyone's help....  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
Re: Some more info. about Firefox and----Not Responding.... :+(
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 11:54:17 am »
Danny
Install Chrome first, you can then import your bookmarks and settings from firefox, then uninstall firefox
not sure if you will get all your passwords but you should at least get some
Dave

Offline crupiea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 01:17:33 pm »
No need to uninstall firefox.  just install chrome. You can import the bookmarks no problem.  Just takes a bit to get used to where stuff is.  You can leave firefox on there and it wont bother anything.

Also before knocking yourself out with this, try clearing cache and cookies in firefox to see if that clears anything up.  It can really help and is an easy fix 99% of the time.  just look it up online how to do it, take 30 seconds.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 08:13:41 am »
I've used Chrome for years and have not seen your problem. I had Firefox, had several problems with it, and deleted it. IMHO install Chrome and remove Firefox.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 08:46:16 pm »
I have always used firefox and loved it till these issues come about, tried chrome once before when it was released didn't like it, uninstalled it, but guess what I am back on chrome again. I still have firefox installed incase I want it and will check back to see if the issue ever get fixed, since I have so many bookmarks though I can export them to my PC and save them in html format.

So far have liked chrome runs good, never has given me issues with anything at all.

SMF

Teknoromi