Author Topic: First Project  (Read 3046 times)

Offline TripleB

• Simply put, I love Scrolling!
    • View Profile
    • Scroll Saw Paradise
Re: First Project
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 08:29:48 pm »
 Dave that is a great picture! I'm still chuckling cus I've been there done that! Here's a little suggestion, even if you have a pattern, that doesn't mean you can't change it up a little bit. When I opened your picture my eyes went straight to the base, which is not your intent I'm sure. The base is a bit thick, I think if you cut the thickness of the oak base in half, much more emphasis would be placed on the important part, The I LOVE YOU.

You have a really great start, and if you keep coming here, and participate in this forum you will learn very quickly and your projects will get much better very fast. As for your glue up, we are not building furniture here, get a good tack, and let it dry. I use Aileens too, you can get it at Walmart, But I also use Titebond II because it really grabs quickly, it depends on the project I'm doing as to which one I use, but that's a whole nother topic for a different post.

Welcome to your new Scroll Saw Life!

Bob

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 09:21:57 pm »
Nice work for the first go.  You're on your way, no turning back now.   ;) 
Scrolling has its perks

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 07:54:31 am »
Dave, Nice job on your first project.  We've all done exactly what you did (and sometimes still do).  Pushing the wood, burning, popping blades - it's all part of the learning curve.  It gets easier every time.  Keep up the good work.

Offline frankorona

• Frankorona (Frank) (Crown)
    • View Profile
    • Frankorona?s workshop
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 10:03:23 am »
You did a great gift.
Remember that no one is born knowing, all start equal.
Congratulations integrate into this world of wood.LOL

Offline Reaper

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 10:54:14 pm »
Dave those mistakes you made get used to them.I still make them from time to time....Dave

Duon

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 08:35:37 am »
First of all Great Job for your first project, you have made an excellent start, also your post made me laugh so thanks, I needed that this morning. I will ditto what everyone says about the glue, also Aleen tacky glue is sold at walmart as well. I swear by the stuff and Weld bond. .... P.S. love the cloth clamps you used :) Home Depot ? :/

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 06:53:42 am »
looking real good, especially for a first project.
we all learn, at least I do.
on almost every project there is something I'm gonna do different the next time.
well I attend to ;)
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

SMF

Teknoromi