Author Topic: Excalibur Blade Holder  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Barry0426

• View Profile
Excalibur Blade Holder
« on: May 25, 2014, 07:04:38 pm »
I've recently upgraded to an Excalibur 16-inch scroll saw.  Although I like the saw very much I am having a hard time securing the blade to the bottom mount.  There is a thin piece of plastic directly on the under side of the table with a hole in it for the blade to go through.  I'm not sure what this plastic does but I think it's getting in the way of aligning the blade to the bottom mount.  Is this plastic necessary or is it safe to take it off?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Rover2

Re: Excalibur Blade Holder
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 08:51:42 pm »
Barry,  it is safe to remove this piece of plastic.  I recently purchased an EX-21 and it had the same set-up.  It is part of their new  dust collection system that does not work as designed.  I contacted Seyco about this and they said that it was fine to remove this plastic and the dust collection port that is also under the table.  In fact there is instructions in my manual that tells you how to remove this port. I have removed the plastic and the dust port from my saw and have had no problems.  I love my saw and have come up with an alternative way to cut down on the airborn fine dust particals.  Hope this helps.   Al

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 08:44:20 am »
Yep, as Al did, I removed the plastic after calling Ray @ Seyco. All it did was get in the way and make noise.

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline Barry0426

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 10:48:59 pm »
Al and Tony,

Thanks a lot for the advice.  I did remove the plastic and the dust collection port.  The blade is so much easier to connect now.  I also have a different way to cut down on the sawdust and couldn't believe how much more room I have for my hand with the port gone.  Thanks again.

Barry

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 10:02:26 pm »
Yes it does get in the way, when I first got mine after catching the blade in it every time, and getting bits of small wood trapped in it, from trying to use a vac to collect dust, I peeled it off, if need be I can make a new one and I think I still have it somewhere, double sided tape will stick it back on. I rather just get my small shop vac and clean up the sawdust from time to time and let the small bits of wood fall through.

Overall the EX is a great saw I love mine.

SMF

Teknoromi