Author Topic: Firm But Fair!  (Read 791 times)

king310

Firm But Fair!
« on: February 27, 2014, 07:56:09 pm »
My saw has been in the shop since well before Christmas. In fact it was sent to the shop in November. Now it going on March and still no Saw.

I called the Corporate Office.......Lets see how does that go "I was Firm but fair" I did not get loud. I was firm in my speech and did inform them that I was very Disappointed in their product.
 I the shop I took it to was a local repair facility. They could not get the answers they needed to fix the saw and was informed to send it further up the ladder. The saw was stuck at that facility and refused to talk with the local company and refused to talk with me..........NOW GET THIS!!!!  The reason they refused to talk with me was that it violated privacy policy they have since I did not directly send it in.............I did not know they had a HIPAA law for machinery. For those who do not understand (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 aka HIPAA.The provider must have a signed disclosure from the affected before giving out any information on provided health care to anyone, including parents.)

So They called me back in about 10 minutes after checking my story and said that they would be sending me a new saw. I was Firm but fair. I informed the person on the other end of the tele (that one was for Roy) That if the saw was not true with the blade alignment that I would not turn the saw on or attempt to use it. I would ship it back and would be asking for a full refund of my money! They said that was FAIR!!!

When I buy from an American Company (yeah right!) I expect Better.

When I get really mad I get LOUD, UGLY AND NASTY!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

So how was your day dear! Ok Didn't do much

king310

Re: Firm But Fair!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 04:43:13 am »
Received my new saw late Friday afternoon. I will get it setup and will give it A REALLY close look before I cut. I will give my review later on today.
Oh by the way they did not send me the same model as what I had. I received the latest version.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 04:51:58 am »
looking good so far, let us know what you find out about how well the saw has been set up. keeping fingers crossed for you.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 11:03:14 am »
At least it was the freezing season when it was tied up. I hope you got a great new saw and make miracles with it.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

king310

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 06:54:29 pm »
Well the saw was put together and blade was put in holder. I test fired the saw and it purred right along. I next checked for square. It lined up perfect left and right with no adjustment to the angle indicator. Table had a little wobble. I checked it over for a issue. I readjusted the indicator rail which fastens to the table. The 40-695 did not allow for adjustment, the new 40-694 has slotted bolt holes for adjustment. That worked!
The front to back alignment is still off. It is not as bad as my old saw about a 32nd. I will get the feeler gauges out to make sure my eyes are correct. When the blade is in the bottom part of the stroke it is square, top of the stroke 32nd forward at the top end.

Did a test cut on some hard maple with sharp turns and a complete 360. No Chatter, no board hop. Now I will clean the top and put a coating on it and try some fine scrolling next week.
When I do I will call the company and give them my findings.......This will be the fair part on me......I pray it will perform well.

SMF

Teknoromi