Author Topic: Alphabet Patterns?  (Read 1035 times)

bubbaloo158

Alphabet Patterns?
« on: March 06, 2012, 08:08:31 pm »
Greetings one and all

I'm wondering where I can find an alphabet pattern that would allow me to cut different names?
Much appreciated!!!

--Bobby

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Re: Alphabet Patterns?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 04:56:01 am »
That can be done with most graphics/drawing programs, I use CorelDraw, but that is fairly expensive. I haven't used it myself, but I hear "GIMP" is a very good program and even better it's free to download. I believe a lot of pattern makers here use GIMP,  there is also an online tutorial for it, not sure where, but hopefully someone else reading this will post the address for it. hope that helps
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Mainewoods

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 07:22:59 am »
Inkscape is quite effective too, as well as also free.  Inkscape uses vector graphics like Corel Draw and I've been able to mirror what Steve's doing in his turorial with it.  The idea here is that you use the fonts on your computer to create the names.  It can also be done with Steve's pattern creator software available here;

http://www.stevedgood.com/setup.exe

This program is limited to just a couple of fonts if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps.

bubbaloo158

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:39:26 am »
Thanks for the replies!!!  Much appreciated!!!

I guess by being so new to all of this I was expecting to find something that was already done and all I'd have to do is just download it.
I use Adobe Illustrator CS5 when doing Website contracts and so I'll do what I need with that.

Thanks again
--Bobby

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 09:42:37 am »
Steve has a couple of fonts that might work for you. He hasthe nameplate font that adds the bar to the bottom for you.

SMF

Teknoromi