Author Topic: classic Nutcracker - pattern?  (Read 3030 times)

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
Re: classic Nutcracker - pattern?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 09:44:02 am »
LOL Gabby I love your humor.  No I don't think it was Rodney Dangerfield.  Don't really know where he came up with the reasoning for the name.  Just popped into his head I guess.

Sigh!  I loved Gabby Hayes! I used to watch his old movies before he did the westerns.  I always thought the character actors were better actors then the **stars**.   Of course as a kid my fav was westerns..................maybe because I was so crazy about horses!

Chels
ChelCass

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 08:23:49 pm »
Chels it sounds like you're my kind of Gal.
I used to have a motto the three things I liked the most.
Guns Horses and Girls, but not necessarily in that order.
At my age now the horses and girls are a thing of the past.
Now it's scrolling and a few guns along with my pool stick playing pool at the Senior Center.
Still watch the westerns when I get the chance.
Oh how the mighty have fallen!  :'(
LOL
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 10:51:16 pm »
Ahhhh I know what ya mean.  I owned horses since 1963 and sold my last one two years ago.  Just can't ride anymore because of pinched nerves.  Guns not so much and of course NOT girls.................but I sure did like those cowboys................:)
ChelCass

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 12:32:24 am »
Chels If you just have to have a horse, take a long look at the "Paso Fino", not real big about 14 hands average with a few around 15 hands. The smoothest ride in the world and they can go all day long. There are lots of websites just Google the name it means Fine Step. It is a natural 4 beat gait bred into them, no weighted shoes, matter of fact unless you are riding in the rocks a lot no shoes required. They have 3 classes the "Clasico Fino" is with full collection and the horses only take a step about a foot or so long, but quite fast. Then there is the "Corto" which is the speed of a good trot this is the usual for trail riding, last is the "Largo" which is about as fast as a canter, still a four beat gait.
They are Great and Beautiful horses my last horse was one. If you wanted a bigger horse look up "Single Footer" There is a video of "Reverend Homer" that will take your breath away I GAarrooontee!
He gaits at nearly 30 MPH and NO bounce The camera shows him coming straight on and it looks like an old steam locomotive coming at you! OK here is the link to the video Enjoy I sure did and still do. Go full screen and turn up your sound especially for the last stage where they don't have music playing you can really hear and feel his power! The ending is pretty cool too. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM0VtEB8MK4&feature=related

If you are into speed the Finos are raced at what is known as "Andadura" you can search that too they race them bareback mostly and on a hard surface but it doesn't seem to hurt their feet and they do shoe them for that. Pretty wild!

Old Horse Lover,
Gabby

Yeah I know way off topic, ran away with myself again.
Sorry!
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 04:18:15 pm »
Paso Fino.......my dream horse.  I have been to horse shows where they performed. They take your breath away.  A tad pricey!  I'm at the age now where riding is the easy part, it's the getting on I can't do............Sigh!

My last riding horse was a tennessee walker/racker.  He was double registered and a dream to ride.  He has since passed away.

The love of my life was a little palamino quarter horse named Shorty.  How I love that horse!  He had a heart of gold and would never do you wrong. He was my best friend.   My ex had a tendency of falling off Shorty and this horse would stop and wait for him to get up and back on.  It was like the horse was saying OK Stupid get up and try it again.

Got rid of the Ex but kept the horse best thing I ever did!!!!!

Thanks for the video site and will make sure and watch it.
ChelCass

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 03:28:57 am »
Waiting for your response, why don't you send it PM rather than bore the other folks in the forum.
I know you are going to love the video.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

SMF

Teknoromi