Author Topic: Eiffel Tower  (Read 6035 times)

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
Eiffel Tower
« on: February 16, 2011, 01:34:06 pm »
Hi folks, I have had a rather unique request from a collegue. The French teacher at my school has asked me to make her a model of the Eiffel Tower.
(this sounds intimidating to me). However she is a very good friend and I told her I would check it out. I have two questions:
1, Has anyone out there done an Eiffel Tower fretwork project. The model is about 40 inches high. If so could you add your thoughts on the project.
2, Does anyone have plans that they would be willing to sell me or know where I could purchase plans. I found a site in Spain, however from reading some commentary by users of the site it seems that getting the plans from that supplier is difficult.
As always, your input will be extremely helpful to me. Thanks in advence.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

grampa

Re: Eiffel Tower
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 01:41:41 pm »
Hi Clyde, you can purchase plans here.......Paul  http://www.finescrollsaw.com/eiffel-tower.htm

Dawie

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 03:50:40 pm »
Very nice pattern but way out of my league at this stage. Have fub Rover and be sure to keep us updated on this one.
David

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 06:10:23 pm »
looks like a pretty challenging pattern to me.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Bill P

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 06:52:11 pm »
I so want to do that!

Bill

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 05:50:15 am »
Thanks Grandpa, It looks intimidating  :-\, don't know if I am up for this one  :D. We'll see. Could be a winter works project ;D
Clyde

Bill P

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 07:59:00 am »
Well, I was going to order the pattern until I got to the PayPal checkout and found that the total cost translates to $40.83.  I think I'll pass for now.

Bill

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 03:13:34 pm »
I priced the pattern from Fine Scroll saw and was quoted $26.33 Canadian including shipping. However there is another pattern available at wildwooddesigns.com. It is a bit cheaper. I have another pattern that I want to check out before I post a reference to it.
Clyde

Bill P

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 04:07:37 pm »
Wildwood looks good.  I could swing that.  Thanks for looking!

Bill

meathelmet

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 06:18:19 pm »
I have a .dxf of the plans if you have software you can open it with I can email it to you.  I found them free a few years ago but now i have no idea where I found them. I believe the scale is messed up on the plans but its all there. If you have cad software its an easy fix.  let me know.

Bill P

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 07:34:13 pm »
Thanks, I sincerely appreciate the offer, but even though I'm not a member of SAW, I still follow their guidelines on the issue and will send for them.

Bill

SMF

Teknoromi