Author Topic: iPad Case  (Read 4598 times)

RonJr

iPad Case
« on: August 23, 2010, 02:33:11 pm »
My dad ChaplainRon just got into scrolling.

Here's the super awesome and expensive "DoDo Case"
http://www.dodocase.com/

Here's the DIY Version:
http://www.themoderndaypirates.com/pirates/2010/06/how-to-make-a-moleskine-ipad-case/

and: http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Book-like-iPad-Case-Dodo-Moleskin-style/

Now what I was thinking was, what if there was a unique way to combine the wood and leather look and incorporate an apple logo cut into the wood cover?? Anyone work with Leather and scrolling? Please advise, and hopefully ChaplainRon will give it a go!

ChaplainRon

Re: iPad Case
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 03:31:19 pm »
Could this be a subtle hint?

Ron Sr.

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 07:55:40 pm »
Thanks Ron, My Ipad has been looking for a place to live. I had looked at the Moleskin cases but thought they were over priced. I think I'll have to give this a try. Good post.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:36:13 am »
Did everybody catch the caption under Ron Jr. name?  "I scroll with a mouse".  Too funny!  I think this clever boy just found a way to get a very cool case.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 10:09:58 am »
Could this be a subtle hint?

Ron Sr.

That is NOT a hint. That is "Hey, Dad make this for me."  ;D
I get that all the time. My daughter-in-law called me a few weeks ago and said "Dad, I want a sitting bench for our bedroom for Christmas."  ::)  Well, we are going to deliver it next Sunday! A bit early true but, it is taking up too much room in the shop.  ;)
You are gettin by cheap and easy on this one.  ;D  I have also made a head board for the daughter and son-in-law and I can't count all the picture frames and what-not shelves and even a medicion cabnet over the last few years. Not to mention that I usually scroll something for everyone in the family every year to give on Christmas morning.  :D

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 10:14:39 am »
I had 3 grandbabbies in 3 months - All the cradles came from - guess who - grandma.  In the middle, I moved 4 hours away and still got them all done in time.  My kids love what I do, but don't share the "want to".  Hey, it got them through college.

Dawie

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 10:24:05 am »
Hi Ronjr, cool idea, I know a couple of people who would love one for Christmas.
Now to get Ronsr to make it for you once somebody here comes up with an idea, which is bound to happen sooner or later.
David

ChaplainRon

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 11:21:04 am »
I don't have an Ipad and don't know the dimensions. I really don't think my son would mail his Ipad to me for a few weeks that it would take to design and cut out and make a working case. I hope someone with creative time will come up with a pattern. If so I am sure there would be many Ipad cases under Christmas trees this year.

Ron SR

northie66

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 06:42:28 pm »
Maybe Ron Jr will buy you an iPad.  ;D  But, since Steve is interested, maybe he'll make it and post the pattern.

RapidRoger... I'd like a sitting bench.   ;D ;D ;D

BTW... I love instructables.  I made a few things from that... including a ladder ball set.  :D

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 09:57:56 pm »
Janet,
Here ya go! Have a seat to put your shoes on.

It is kit....Ya start with a stack of pine boards and cut away the parts that don't look right. Just like scrolling!  ;D

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Becky

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 11:23:38 pm »
I'm sure Steve would get a lot of downloads on a pattern for something like that. 

I don't have an iPad but I confess that I am sorely tempted.  I don't really have a good reason to own one except they look like fun and would be great for the odd business trip.  But if I did have one, I'd definitely want a nice case for it and it would be pretty cool to be able to make it myself.

chips

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 09:18:40 am »
 I'm like you Becky...... Trying to think of a good reason why I ought to buy an iPad. Making a nice wood case for it would be a good excuse.  :) I'd think there would be some demand to for those who sell at craft fairs.

Pete

RonJr

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 04:48:09 pm »
I'd love to send you one dad, but I can't even afford a case. . . spent all my money on this ipad lol. Here's what I had in mind. If only the real thing were as easy as photoshop lol.

RonJr

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 04:50:38 pm »
Somehow I double posted the picture. . .sorry.

SMF

Teknoromi