Author Topic: Hello from Northeast Ohio  (Read 742 times)

Marv

Hello from Northeast Ohio
« on: April 20, 2010, 09:28:14 am »
I hope that you scrollers will allow an egg carver into your group. I often use scroll saw patterns for my inspirations on my egg carving. I carve any type of egg shell from chicken eggs to ostrich eggs. Sometimes I will use scroll saw patterns to just cut out the shell and other time I will use them to get a rough pattern and then do relief or reverse relief carving on the shell. An ostrich shell is about the thickness of a nickle so you and get some very nice definition to the carvings. If your interested and I am allowed sometime I will post a couple of pictures to the forum so you can see what I am talking about.
I love this site and all the beautiful work you folks do.
Marv

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Northeast Ohio
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:38:07 am »
Egg carving? Now that is a new one...I am sure there are alot of people who would like to see pictures. I know I would. Glad you found the forum 607 members strong. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. Take your shoes off and jump in and get your feet wet.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

cherie

Re: Hello from Northeast Ohio
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 11:06:58 pm »
I love the fact that there are those that can cut fret work from delicate egg shells.  I would love to see pictures of what you do.  I am sure Steve would not have a problem with those showing off a bit.  I think he has a place for pictures coming up.  Welcome to the forum.

SMF

Teknoromi