Author Topic: GrayBeard is here!  (Read 1401 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
GrayBeard is here!
« on: April 19, 2010, 11:54:46 am »
Hello to all from around the States and around the World.
Coming to you from Mid America in St. Peters, MO just West of St. Louis.
I'm a retired printing rep. and enjoying a new hobby!
I have been Scrollin' for about a year now and still a 'beginner' compared to most folks.
Great to see the response to Steve and his fantastic services!

Now I gotta get upstairs and get busy making my grandson a 'graduation' present!

See ya all soon!

GrayBeard
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:56:23 am by GrayBeard »
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: GrayBeard is here!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 07:56:00 pm »
Hi I'm Russ. Hello from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

cherie

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 10:16:38 pm »
Another from the Show-Me-State...well hello to you to.  I live down here in Pomona Mo. about 15 miles north or something like that from West Plains.  Unfortunate for me there are no other wood workers in this area.  I am wanting to learn how to turn pens and even purchased a lathe from Grizzly Tools in Springfield.  But cannot afford the madrels and stuff like that.  I was given a couple of pen kits and some blanks, but they are sittin still until I have a chance to learn.
Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 09:37:40 pm »
HI there, Cherie!

Been thru your area a time or three! My lady friend hails from Neosho, ex is from Dexter and my grand daughter and her hubby are down in Ft. Smith, Ark.

Sounds from some of your posts I have seen that you are one BUSY gal!
I keep busy by scrollin', general woodwork, volunteer work, and makin' barbeque sauce.
Next time I head s'west I will let you know and drop by!

Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

cherie

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 10:46:39 pm »
I am just having a blast meeting all the woodworker from all over the globe.  I really do not get out much, except when I have the chance to go out on the road with Jaun.  I more or less take care of my grand kids and go to school.  It is a chore for me to keep up with all the things I do.  However, I have been able to keep up with my homework the past couple of weeks and even hit the saw.  When I found out that Steve started a forum I was ecstatic.  His tutorials have helped me a great deal and he is very timely when it comes to answering emails.  Of course I have also collected  my share of patterns, which over half I have not done yet.   LOL.
It would be great to meet and toss ideas with you.

SMF

Teknoromi