Author Topic: Looking for a free download PDF to JPG converter  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Looking for a free download PDF to JPG converter
« on: February 10, 2011, 02:49:10 pm »
I've been looking for a good download, but so far they have been trial ware or junk.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

grampa

Re: Looking for a free download PDF to JPG converter
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 03:48:27 pm »
Hi Gabby,Have a look here, don't know if its any good ive never tried it......Paul ;D
http://download.cnet.com/Office-Convert-PDF-to-JPG-JPEG-TIFF-Free/3000-10743_4-10900900.html

tux_linux

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 03:50:19 pm »
You want to play with the patterns?

I use a simple screenshot-program: Faststone Capture 5.3 - freeware / clean download

it's free for personal use. I declared my print-button to be the button for capturing screenshots - pretty simple. The tool starts with windows and stays in the tray (aside the clock).

If you do resize the pics, always go with the "keep ratio" and the %-resizing. This way the parts will fit and have equal size.

regards
Torsten

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 03:59:27 pm »
Hi Gabby,Have a look here, don't know if its any good ive never tried it......Paul ;D
http://download.cnet.com/Office-Convert-PDF-to-JPG-JPEG-TIFF-Free/3000-10743_4-10900900.html
I tried that one last night and didn't like it, only converted 1 page at a time, not the whole file I want to be able to work with these patterns useing Paint.NET or other editing software. I'm not about to spring for the whole Adobe package. I don't do enough to pay for the fancy programs. I'm also looking for FREE software not trial ware.
Thanks for trying Paul.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 04:07:31 pm »
Torsten I'm looking at that website, but I'm not sure how it works?
I'm looking to change PDF to JPG which is what I'm used to working with in my photo editing software. Will this work for me that way? I am downloading right now.
Gabby
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:28:24 pm by Gabby »
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

tux_linux

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 02:22:17 am »
yes, it will work. Check this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llaRWE3w53s
It explains the workflow pretty simple, although it is using the small application bar. But the button assignment is also explained.

You simply open the PDF and take pictures of the parts you want.
I suggest PNG for patterns, you can blend out certain parts easily.

regards
Torsten

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 05:49:20 pm »
Torsten I got the FastStone Capture to work for me. I had to open the files and select the pages one at a time in order to save each one as a JPG. That will work for me well enough, even though it's a bit cumbersome.
Thanks for the tip.
Man! Trying to find something suitable via the internet can be frustrating. I know what I want is out there if I just know how to search for it and wade through all the sites to find it. Grrrr!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Mainewoods

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 02:46:43 pm »
Gabby, if you're still wanting something that will work for you, you may want to give GIMP a try.  It can import directly from a PDF, and although not as powerful an image editor as Photoshop, it is quite capable for most people's needs....and it's free!!!  Just another option!

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 03:54:11 am »
Thanks Mainwoods
I have Gimp but I'm too challenged to use it, have Inkscape too and the results are the same. It stinks having a 0.012 IQ. LOL
I have Paint.net for most of my editing purposes. I can draw with it and correct blemishes on scanned photos and it is easy to learn which is important as it keeps the stress level down.  :)
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

tenfingers

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 09:21:16 am »
Gabby,
There are toutorials on how to use both Gimp and Inkscape on scrollsawvillage.com 
I don't use them but maybe you could just use them for the PDF to JPEG conversion, then use software you're familiar with.
I wish I knew more about this stuff so I could be more help.
tenfingers

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 05:57:53 pm »
Gabby,
There are tutorials on how to use both Gimp and Inkscape on scrollsawvillage.com 
I don't use them but maybe you could just use them for the PDF to JPEG conversion, then use software you're familiar with.
I wish I knew more about this stuff so I could be more help.
tenfingers

Thanks Ten
Every time I try to wade through tutorials I get a headache and dizzy from all the content. I need something that is simple and pretty much self explanatory and logical. It does get harder for an old dog to learn new tricks. This is why I like Paint.NET it's much easier to understand how to do things and if you try something and don't like the results it's easy to back up and try another process.
Once I find something I can work with I stick with it, even if there are other gee whiz programs out there that can do more.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline wedo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 01:23:17 pm »
I have GIMP and tried it but couldn't get it to work. So I looked for an update and downloaded GIMP 2.6 and presto it works! Thanks for the tip!
Bill

shutterbugdm

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 01:26:23 pm »
great site for all freebies. CNET.COM   
you can find what you need there.

Tako Kichi

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 04:47:45 pm »
You can save images inside a PDF file as a clipboard item and then paste them into any picture viewer (Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, GIMP, MS Paint etc.) and save from there in any format you like. No further/additional software is needed.

I am using the latest free Acrobat Reader X but it should be very similar in all the earlier reader versions.

1. In the top menu bar go to 'Edit\Take a snapshot'.

2. Drag a box around the image you would like. The image is then copied to the clipboard.

3. Open your picture manipulation software of choice and select a new file.

4. Paste the contents of the clipboard into this new file, crop off any excess pixels and save in whatever format you like/need.

Job done!

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 08:07:52 pm »
Thanks Larry I'll give it a try, sounds like an easier way than the software I ended up with. Which is FScapture.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

SMF

Teknoromi