Author Topic: Help needed to update for a large project  (Read 921 times)

Offline Gene So

• View Profile
Help needed to update for a large project
« on: November 19, 2018, 09:08:12 am »
Hello,
After years I can finally start a scrollsaw project that will be a major undertaking. I have a Dremel 16" two speed saw and need to convert it to pinless blades. I could use your advice as to the best conversion kit for the money on the market. Dremel tells me they no longer make this saw.
I will be creating sixteen figures from 3/16" birch plywood. What do you think are the best blades for me to use so I do not chip out the plywood and end up with smooth cuts?
I am seeking sixteen figures emblematic of the desert Southwest area. In the last week I have seen patterns as simple as a childrens coloring book  and some so complex you had trouble identifying what the subject was, the work was so complex. I know nothing about downloading subjects from the Internet and changing their size, without ruining their scale. A set of figures from known designers is simply too expensive for me.
On the long beam on our hall that these figures will be attached to, I want to create a center piece eight feet long of a desert scenic ( mesas, pueblos, coyotes, cacti, elk etc.) I have no pretense of artistic skills. I do know about banner paper for a computer. I have been told that to make such a long piece I will be needing spiral blades. Which kind and type do you recommend for this particular long piece? We are at 6,500 feet in the Rockies and no one has any experience at all with a scroll saw in this entire area, I was told. So, I could use your help more than the normal requests that appear on this website, that seems to be the exact one which to write to, on these subjects.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Gene So

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
Re: Help needed to update for a large project
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 11:47:55 am »
The best person to answer most of your questions would be Charles Dearing.  His web site is:    https://www.facebook.com/Charles-Dearing-Patterns-For-Sale-106837579432017/    He  is an expert on using spiral blades and oversize scrollsaw projects.

Al
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

SMF

Teknoromi