Author Topic: Quit my job of 14 yrs started a new one  (Read 1350 times)

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Quit my job of 14 yrs started a new one
« on: September 11, 2013, 08:52:04 pm »
Well I got tired of all the political good ole boy junk and quit after 14 years, went to driving a dump truck for local wife husband company, yes wife owns the company. Its been pretty fun, more relaxed and laid back, though this is new to me shifting one of these trucks, I do know how to run one just not shift them. Been going about 3 days now and have gotten good at it and getting better though my knee and thigh scream at me at the end of the day, wish these big ole truck had easy clutches to push down. Today was better not so sore just tired.

I did get stuck today, wasn't bad but a stupid moment one of those I knew better. Was right in the middle of our tornado damaged area from back in May it was something else, was right behind where one of the elementary schools got destroyed. I have been all over the place, even in our town on a major bridge work, that was not fun, getting stuck everytime I unloaded having to holler for the dozer.

But overall so far I am loving I am more at ease, not stressed out and thinking crap I got to go to work today, these guys are not in a hurry and love that you do a good job and award according to whether say good job, or give a raise, which I hope as good as I am doing my raise will come soon. Pulling about 11 hour days sometimes more could be a 13 or 14 hour day, here comes the green more for woodworking.

countryscroller

Re: Quit my job of 14 yrs started a new one
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 09:28:40 pm »
Congrats on finding a nice job! Glad you are happy there.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 02:56:27 am »
Happy is better than stressed.  My motto  " Stress less, live longer"  Congratulations.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 12:15:24 pm »
Congrats on your new job.  Half the battle is liking what you are doing.
ChelCass

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 06:26:50 pm »
Glad you like your new job, less stress is always good.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 06:29:37 pm »
Yea it is today was a good example it was really fun, the guys on the job cut up and messed around it was a good time, though for me it was rough sitting under a asphalt milling machine is not fun.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 08:36:28 pm »
Glad to hear you are behind the wheel and enjoying the new job.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

SMF

Teknoromi