Author Topic: Been busy, no sawdust  (Read 1177 times)

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Been busy, no sawdust
« on: April 19, 2013, 12:26:49 am »
Well I have been busy with lots of other stuff, haven't been able to make a dust, cleaned up my back yard, got alot of old junk to set out for big trash pick up, but most of my time has been doing my side work repairing lawn mowers, I am so busy not enough time at night to work on them, just got done re ringing a motor, got a blower fixed, got two weedeaters to fix, 4 push mowers to work on, another rider motor to hone and ring, a snapper rider for belt repair, snapper walk behind to repair. But its 25 a machine each time I fix them so its good money, more money to buy wood and blades so when I do get to make dust will have the stuff to do it.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
Re: Been busy, no sawdust
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 03:21:17 am »
sounds really busy there, glad business is going well!
is this busy repairing period  typical because the spring/summer mowing season, or is it common all year?
If it's busy for very long times I would seek some balance there.
you can earn a lot of money, but when you don't use the saw, why saving for wood and blades ;)

Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 08:15:41 am »
Its just that time of year, everybody going out to start mowers and they don't start, most just wanted it serviced, takes about 10 minutes to do thats easy, but I have some that are being stubborn to get going.

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 08:56:30 am »
LAWN MOWERS, REALLY!
We're still using snow blowers around here, this is a picture of my patio from this morning.
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 09:59:41 am »
Sorry to upset you Pete , but this was taken at Kynance Cove (Cornwall) this morning
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 12:40:03 pm »
Hey Keefie,if that's your boat out there, have you got room for your lathe and scroll saw  :o :o :o :o :o :o.
Rob Roy.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 12:55:25 pm »
Yup had to mow my yard twice already grass is greening up more so now all this rain we have had past couple weeks.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 01:22:26 pm »
No Rob that's not my boat ....... mine's twice that size lol
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 04:54:07 pm »
Oh Aye, ah believe ye Keefie. (wee bit of Scottish for you) :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rob Roy.

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 02:48:23 am »
I understand that. I am looking for a job, that keeps me busy. But also have not been feeling the best. Did get some time in shop yesterday. Made my step mom a gift and mailed it off today. Trying to find some time to get out and do more. Maybe tomorrow if I am lucky.

SMF

Teknoromi