Author Topic: Hey Y'all and Greetings from S.E. Georgia  (Read 1055 times)

thelt

Hey Y'all and Greetings from S.E. Georgia
« on: April 21, 2010, 04:25:01 am »
This is great. I'm new to scroll sawing and need all the help I can get. I'm retired, first from the USN (E-7 w/21 years) then from St. Marys Ga. Police Department (Capt. w/24 years). I'm a life member of the VFW Post 8385 and also the Post Quartermaster. When I have free time (and that's most of the time) I enjoy going out to my shop and doing some woodworking. I got a Hitachi 16" scroll saw for Christmas and have enjoyed the patterns Steve puts out, although they haven't turned out as well as I would have liked. Still working on getting good with it and learning the in's and out's of how to scroll. I'm still not up on which blades to use for what and whether to use pinned or non-pinned blades. I'm looking for all the help I can get.

Thanks, Steve, Russ[c] and Charlie Dearing. This is a great forum.

Joesawdust

Re: Hey Y'all and Greetings from S.E. Georgia
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:34:58 pm »
Hey Thelt, there seems to be plenty of us from GA. I'm around the Statesboro area.

Greg

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 08:22:23 pm »
If you are going to do inside cutting you will pretty much need to use non-pinned blades. You have to make a larger hole for pinned blades so it really doesn't work for fret, portraits etc.  Glad you found us. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. A project a day will keep the doctor away LOL...  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

thelt

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 08:24:14 am »
Hey Thelt, there seems to be plenty of us from GA. I'm around the Statesboro area.

Greg

Maybe Steve will let us form our own topic for us Georgians.

Joesawdust

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 05:09:18 pm »
There's enough of us on here I bet we could
Greg

AnotherSteve

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:01:32 pm »
Yup, another Georgia welcome for Thelt.  This time from Griffin, GA.  I'm pretty new at scrolling but getting better thanks to Steve and his great videos.  The first two things I did after getting started was to get rid of the hold down thingy and the pin blades.  Then I ordered the assorted blade pack from Mike and am happy as a clam.   ;D

Joesawdust

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 09:16:06 pm »
I've been at it several years now and still learn new things from the different forums I'm on. Working on learning to make patterns now.

Greg

popeye

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 08:20:28 am »
Hey Thelt, stop by and see us at the Crawfish festival this weekend. Haven't seen you since before Mike closed his shop in St Marys. Pat

SMF

Teknoromi