Author Topic: Seems like a good time to fire up our saws  (Read 2219 times)

Offline KCSteve

• View Profile
Seems like a good time to fire up our saws
« on: March 13, 2020, 05:07:20 pm »
With the current virus situation it sounds like it's a good time to fire up our scroll saws.

There are no sports to watch, can't go out to any events, and we're supposed to be trying to stay six feet away from most folks.
Plus, a lot of us are in, or near, the higher-risk group making these things even more important.

As long as we've got a pile of wood to work with it sounds to me like we're supposed to be heading to the shop.  Heck, a lot of folks are even wearing masks, just to be safe.  ;)

In all seriousness, I hope everyone - and their loved ones - make it through this thing ok.

Offline Berta

• View Profile
Re: Seems like a good time to fire up our saws
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 06:40:59 pm »
Me too...stay healthy.

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 09:33:26 am »
I got up this morning and my wife said it is really weird feeling.  We have no hockey or baseball to go to.  Two grandsons that play rep hockey that stopped in middle of playoffs and now in training for rep baseball. We always have one to drive.  Library closed.  Our woodworking club closed.

Just looking for projects.

So last night I cut a bunch of Christmas ornaments that I will donate to the local cancer support centre to sell at their fall craft sale.  Today I am going to cut birdhouses for the same event.  I have about 50 awareness angel bodies cut just need halos and wings.

Keeping busy.

Offline GLC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 01:05:22 pm »
What a great thought.  When I'm scrolling, my mind doesn't wander to the efforts of all of those working to address the issues or to those who shout to the heavens purely for political gain.  Yes scrolling is therapeutic.

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 09:20:47 am »
Glad i have the shop and the local lumber yard offers free delivery.

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 09:57:08 pm »
Glad i have the shop and the local lumber yard offers free delivery.
Wow!  That's a great arrangement, Norm, congrats!

Yes, it's great to be in the shop with no other distractions.  I keep fairly busy with various events throughout the week, (tennis, bowling, church, community choir, cards with the Girls, and sometimes Hubby and 3 dogs, 3 cats and 2 horses) and being able to just focus on the woodwork is not bad at all...though the sawdust will probably get me long before any virus  ;D

Y'all stay well!
Scrolling has its perks

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 09:28:51 am »
If you sell at craft shows at Christmas, this is a good time to make inventory for those show. I sell in two retail stores here in Paris and since the stores are shut down, I thought about getting my inventory ready for Christmas.

Offline Berta

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 03:56:18 pm »
I have been working on the Burrowing Owls by Charles Hand. And spring cleaning, a small amount of spring cleaning.

SMF

Teknoromi