Author Topic: Just received my authority to post  (Read 1527 times)

Offline veltye1

• View Profile
Just received my authority to post
« on: December 07, 2019, 11:54:22 am »
My name is Steven Herring, currently going into retirement mode after 26yrs in Navy and 25yrs of owning my own tactical production company.  I have a little experience with scroll work over the years, but as I found Steve's site a few months ago I have found that I really did like scrolling.  I look forward to becoming friends with many of you and discussing what I need to do to become as good as many of you are.  I have a great interest in doing scroll puzzles for kids, etc so any guidance would be great.  I want to say thank you for allowing me to become a member.  I am a little to ugly to place a photo, but will find a logo to put up later. 

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
Re: Just received my authority to post
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 12:15:38 am »
Welcome to the forum. 

I am not a puzzle maker (have done a couple) but please post any completed projects or questions.

Note on the Scroll Saw Workshop they have a section devoted to puzzles.  Not sure how busy it is.

There a few puzzle makers on Scrollsaw Village.  I have cut a few puzzle from https://woodcraftbyscott.com/

Offline GLC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 12:07:42 pm »
Welcome to Steve's site.   There are a lot of talented folks here who are willing to share what they have learned.  Suggestions for a newbie - - Many folks have posted how to videos on "You Tube", including Steve.  Those can be helpful.  See if you can find a woodworking / craft group in your area.  You can find helpful folks there and a watchful eye looking over your shoulder from someone who has walked the path before you can provide great counsel.  Use "good blades"  such as pegasus or flying dutchman.  Oh, and practice and enjoy.  Get up and move around every now and then - give everything a break - eyes, muscles, brain / tension.  Regards >> GLC in Cypress, Texas

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 05:00:17 pm »
Welcome! I am Tony,aka,Toneman from Paris, Texas.

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 07:30:27 pm »
Welcome to the forum Steven.

Karl

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 09:21:58 am »
 :DWelcome to the forum. I do a lot of kids puzzles. We call them "critter pals".
I'm from North Dakota

SMF

Teknoromi