Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 1203 times)

Offline joelalexander

• "Never let a day go by"
    • View Profile
Howdy
« on: November 07, 2019, 06:09:42 pm »
Hello Woodbutchers-  I have been a cabinet maker and furniture builder for many years and also dabble in wood turning with an old Delta 46-701 that my Father in law gave me but I've always been intrigued by Scrolling.  After watching a lot of You Tube (many of which were Steve's) and reading everything I could, I bought a Dewalt 788, lots of blades, and lots of wood.  After a few weeks of learning what blades work for me and many, many mistakes, I'm happy to say that I'll be doing this til I fall over.  I love the attention to detail and concentration required to achieve the end product.  I am for sure a Newbie but every successful project builds confidence.  I'm happy to be a part of this group.  Thanks,  Joel Alexander

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 01:30:06 pm »
Hi, Joel,
Since you are a cabinet builder I suspect you should turn out some really nice projects.
Just don't let your expectation of precision overwhelm you. Enjoy the time on the scrollsaw.
Looking forward to seeing some projects.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 02:11:19 pm »
 :D Hello from North Dakota ;D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline GLC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 11:14:46 am »
Joel, you have made good choices.  I find scrolling very rewarding and as a real bonus - one of the safest power tools in my shop.  Regards >> GLC in Cypress, Texas

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 07:22:50 am »
Welcome aboard! I am Tony,aka,Toneman from Paris, Texas.

SMF

Teknoromi