Author Topic: clear tape  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
clear tape
« on: July 23, 2019, 11:36:23 am »
I would like to testify today.  First of all, I think Steve may have been somewhat angry when he designed the rose vase pattern.  I just finished cutting the vase and roses in cherry.  That is definitely punishment and I have 3 more to do.  I did solve one riddle however, as I was cutting the outside.  As usual, the cherry was burning pretty badly and all of a sudden I reached a place where I had put some clear tape to help hold the pattern down and the burning ended until I got past the tape.  That blade was hot when I reached the tape and it did not burn at all as long as I was cutting through the tape.  I am now a believer and will forever be putting a cover of clear tape before cutting.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: clear tape
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 04:49:36 pm »
I use clear tape a lot. especially on the edges of patterns and on thick wood.

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
Re: clear tape
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 10:08:21 am »
I use clear tape and masking tape sometimes. It does help with burning wood issues and eases pattern removal. If the tape is under the pattern the down side I found is saw dust will collect at the edges of the saw kerf, sometimes that will interfere with work piece. I use a Pegas Modified Geometry blade and see a reduced burning on cherry, maple and birch. I also cut at a lower speed than I used to

SMF

Teknoromi