Author Topic: Computers  (Read 2806 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Computers
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 11:38:04 pm »
I would make sure that the Adobe Reader is fully removed and replace it with "Foxitreader" which is a FREE reader for PDF files that does a better, cleaner job than the bloated and often virus filled Adobe version.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

tux_linux

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 04:19:55 am »
Just wondering how long Windows will keep supporting XP. I think they have now extended support through 2014.

Experts say MS will take support until 2017/2018 at least. But I think they have to keep it going further on.

@ Mainewoods & GB
OK, I'm not aware how much the RAM costs momently.

regards,
Torsten

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 08:41:57 am »
Thx Bill.  I think I have the latest version of Adobe but will check.  I will have to look to see if I have the install disk for the printer.

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 10:46:11 am »
Ahhhh...it says "DWLL" maybe it's a knock-off of those
DELLs you've been talking about...it's black does that help ??? ???

Pete
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

cherie

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 07:45:20 am »
HP G71 Notebook PC that run Windows 7. .00 GB and a 64 Bit operating System.  Intel (R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6600@220GHz.
I am very happy with my computer now.  More so than I was with the little Gateway I had that I had given to my sister.  I do many things and have many programs installed and do not have any lag time.  (knock on wood)  Had bought a Dell from Best Buy, but was talked into taking it back the next day to order this one from our "computer guy."

Volcanobud

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 09:36:23 pm »
Bought a Toshiba Satellite laptop a couple months ago, with Windows 7.  Still trying to get used to the new Windows, miss XP still.  Machine has been okay but can't say much good about tech support.  Have owned Dell laptops in the past and still have one that is about 8 years old and still cranks away.  Keep wondering if I shouldn't have bought a Dell.  A couple years ago bought an iMac and still can't get used to using it, even installed Windows XP on that machine.  Stuck in PC world I guess.  Use XP at work, all day long and used to how it functions.

SMF

Teknoromi