Author Topic: GIMP & my printer  (Read 3106 times)

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Re: GIMP & my printer
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 01:39:01 pm »
Note that [Image][Scale Image..] will increase or decrease the image AND the canvas size while [Image][Canvas size...] will change the size of the canvas but not the image.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 08:31:03 pm »
Doesn't seem to matter what I do the patterns don't change size regardless whether I adjust the canvas and image size in GIMP, or percent adjustment in paint. (They print off O.K. without changing size). I can make them do all sorts of wonderful things on the screen but it doesn't translate when it comes time to print. Could I be locking the image sizes somehow during the initial pattern setup so it won't change? Thank you for anything you might contribute, Barry.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:33:26 pm by overfifty »

Malistar22

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 11:17:02 am »
I read somewhere recently that GIMP's printing is broken and I've personally seen it myself. Adjusting the image size works in GIMP, but it doesn't translate to paper (the size is the same regardless). However, I'm surprised it doesn't print bigger (or smaller) in Paint. What I do is I adjust the sizes in GIMP, save the file. Open it in Paint, and print. The size is adjusted accordingly.

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 01:51:52 pm »
Thanks Mal. I've spent more time playing around with these print settings that I'd rather spend in front of my saw. Steve's, Sheila's and Sue's aren't a prob, and their fine but often I like to cut patterns of my own design.  I'm wondering if playing around with the print settings in GIMP, Paint and Inkscape isn't leaving residual "bits" and confusing things. I shall persevere. Cheers, Barry.

SMF

Teknoromi