Author Topic: New member  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 12:09:43 am »
Hi Mahendra, Welcome to the forum! I'm Dan from Southern California. come on in and join the fun. As Torsten said MDF is not the best product to cut because it produces a very fine dust that is not good to breathe, and it will wear down your blades much faster than wood will. You don't have to use exspensive exotic woods to start with. I don't know what woods are available in India, but inexpensive woods available to us here in the U.S. are pine, poplar and ceder.
If you still want to use the MDF, make sure you wear a good dust mask.

Hi Dan
Thank you for the good advice. I shall go and look for the woods you mentioned in the saw mills in my city and avoid using the MDF. I have posted few of my work 11 to be precise I am just two months experienced in this art form so please correct me if I have gone wrong somewhere so that I can improve in the future.
Thanks and have a nice day!
Mahendra
mahendra

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 12:11:51 am »
Thank you all very much for welcoming me to this forum. I am sure I shall learn a lot from all of you.
Best wishes.
Mahendra
mahendra

ChuckD

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 02:04:35 pm »
Welcome to the forum from Beautiful Southern Oregon..  :)

Offline rickther

• eureka ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 10:31:17 pm »
welcome to the forum, being new here to this site i am sure that you will find many fine scrollers here.
 I looked at your work you posted in the gallery, fine start !!!! as others have said, be careful of your choice in woods.
   Rick,  no. california
RBI VS 26

SMF

Teknoromi