Author Topic: Progress over one year  (Read 1980 times)

Offline robroy865

• View Profile
    • Induku
Progress over one year
« on: March 24, 2016, 05:46:48 am »
I bought my first scroll saw just over a year ago and are really happy with the decision to begin this as a hobby. I think I have progressed a bit in this time and wrote a bit about it on my blog (also images to compare the initial things I made with the things I am making now):

http://indukudesign.com/2016/03/23/scroll-saw/

I have to say thank you to the people who spend their time in writing in the forums, making blogs or videos or providing any information online to teach and help new scrollers to learn about scroll sawing. This forum has helped me a lot and of course much of the things I know I learned from Steve's youtube videos!

R

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Progress over one year
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 07:13:32 am »
Your work is really awesome! So many of your projects are unique. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself. Scrollers are so helpful and friendly, I find. Keep up the wonderful cutting. :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline Dannyb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 08:18:36 am »
You do great work! Those book covers are really hot-rod! Keep up the awesome work!

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 07:25:15 pm »
Great looking stuff.  I'd say you have progressed superbly! Keep up the good work.

Karl

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 10:17:45 pm »
I learned alot in my first year like save your money and buy a good decent saw don't get the cheapest ones, though they do work good to learn on but don't last long or at least didn't me. It didn't take me long to pick it up and run with it, main thing was getting the balde tension just right without snapping blades after that I guess I had a knack for it.

What improved my skills was getting the flying dutchman blades and stopped using those from lowes, yes they do work and cut but don't seem to last long and with the FD blades the quality of cut went up, plus getting a better saw really kicked up the skills adn improvment.

I haven't touched my saw in the past year, after using it for so long and was really enjoying it and made some decent money with it, but my current job now drive a dump a truck takes alot of my times its not uncommon to work 60 plus hours a weeks didn't really have time to saw, now work been slow so funds for wood and blades has run out and I guess to say I am in a funk, having depression is a bugger. Right now my saw is in a closet covered up in hopes I get bitten again to dig it out and saw again. Just hope I didn't burn my self out of scrolling.

SMF

Teknoromi