Author Topic: Hegner Multicut 2S  (Read 2058 times)

Gogsi

Hegner Multicut 2S
« on: August 15, 2015, 10:51:51 am »
I'm looking at a Hegner Multicut 2S and wondered if any of you guys could tell me if it would work just sitting on a dining room table? You see, I live in a small apartment and wouldn't have a way of bolting it down or using on a stand at present.
I have a Dremel Moto Saw which is barely just so so for the projects I like to do. The best thing about it is that it's only 3Kg and I can store it above the fridge but it's quite clumsy to use and difficult to follow a line. I used to own a Delta 40-601 and I sure miss the accuracy and how easy it was to change blades and do interior cuts. Have never used a Hegner but have heard lots of good things about them.
Thanks in advance for your invaluable help.

Jan-Pieter

Re: Hegner Multicut 2S
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 03:29:15 am »
I use a variable speed Hegner Multicut 2s bolted down on a table. What I remember from before I bolted it down is that at a certain speed range the machine resonated. After bolting it down the range was shorter and it vibrated less. Above and below that range it works fine.

You can also screw the saw to a board and clamp the board to the table. Adding a rubber matt will help as well.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:46:58 pm by Jan-Pieter »

wooden head

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 10:20:21 am »
I have Hegner multicut 2s and found it  shakes a bit working at full speed, I reduced this vibration by covering the work table
which is bolted down, with ordinary household carpet.

Otherwise the Hegner is an excellent machine.

Harry U.K.

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 09:17:40 am »
I have an older Hegner.  Multicut-3 made in 1986.  It is a 25" single speed saw.  Vibrates a bit so I tried putting four sanding sponges under the corners of the saw.  Smoothed it out a lot. This is my back up saw.  This also works on my 1988 single speed 15" Jet.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

SMF

Teknoromi