Author Topic: New Project  (Read 8097 times)

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
Re: New Project
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2011, 03:03:06 pm »
Jim, the whole body was cut from the same board and looking at it, half of the board was a little lighter shade than the other half, so I cut the arms and legs from the darker side and the back pieces from the lighter side because, as you can see on the original picture I used, David's back, in the picture, was lighter than the rest of him.

However, if the board had been all the same shade I probably would have still cut all the pieces from it, because other boards I had on hand would not match at all.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 03:10:58 pm by Intarsia92 »
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2011, 08:22:37 pm »
Thanks Al. I did notice the arms were a different colour but didnt know how you got the two colours.
Jim

CNLNC

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2011, 01:27:12 am »
Al...can you hear that...it's everyone standing on their feet clapping and giving you a standing ovation. Everyone has already said it, but I'll say it again...WOW! You did an amazing job and made it look so easy as only a professional can do.

Thank you so much for sharing, and giving the play by play to go with the project. You definetly opened the curtain a bit to show us the mystery behind it. Thank you.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2011, 04:23:49 am »
What would really be cool is if Russ or Steve or whoever else are moderators, could preserve this tutorial so the photos wouldn't get deleted as is normal after a short time. I know they do that to free up bandwidth, but it's worth saving.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

nickchalker

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2011, 11:22:28 am »
That came out great.  I hope my intarsia projects come out half as good as yours.  By the way, thanks again for sharing your method with me.  I completed cutting another pattern yesterday and I will be shaping today.  I will post pics when it is completed!
Nick

TomC

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2011, 11:42:23 pm »
Seeing intarsia work is what got me interested in the scroll saw in the first place.  Thanks very much for showing the steps and how to get the pieces to lower or raise to add interest to the piece. I will be trying to make some smaller projects soon.

Dawie

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2011, 09:51:27 am »
Just saw what I missed by not being around that much lately. This is absolutely great. Thanks Al for the progress reports and answering all the questions.
The end product look a super!
David

SMF

Teknoromi