Author Topic: Bad luck...  (Read 6600 times)

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: Bad luck...
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 06:42:35 am »
Karl got it right.  I have had 2 dentist that did woodworking as a hobby.  The first one lost 3 fingers back in the 80's and a couple of years ago, my dentist lost his balance and damaged his arm on the tablesaw.  Bad luck - they were both good dentists.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 09:04:11 am »
Sorry to hear of your incident with the saw. Wishing you a speedy recovery. As my father often said, A saw is a saw and it does what it is designed to do regardless if it is wood or flesh and bone. Remember everyone don't let your guard down, as Marcel found out it takes but a split second. My cousin was working at his table saw when he caught sight out of the corner of his eye something that flew across to room. didn't feel a thing but when he refocused on his work he saw that his thumb was gone. nasty
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 08:30:23 pm »
Actually my dentist is a fellow woodworker.
He has made some wonderful items. My problem with him is that he is just too darn particular with his wood work items. A miter joint that doesn't fit EXACTLY right drives him crazy! :) And I tend to say "Close enough". :)

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 08:18:58 am »
Actually my dentist is a fellow woodworker.
He has made some wonderful items. My problem with him is that he is just too darn particular with his wood work items. A miter joint that doesn't fit EXACTLY right drives him crazy! :) And I tend to say "Close enough". :)

Rog

Sounds like a good guy to have working inside your mouth.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 03:13:24 am »
Marcel I am so sorry to hear of your accident.  I am sure by now you have had some of the stitches removed.  I do hope that the prognosis is good regarding new healthy skin replacing the back skin.  Take care my friend and do not rush back into the workshop until you are completely healed.   :-* :-* :-*

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 10:21:58 am »
Hi everyone,

thanks for all the nice words.

stitches have bin removed yesterday.
according to the doctor the blackness still is an issue, if inflammation occurs I have to go back immediately.
the tendon is hit so much that I can't move or lift up the finger tip.
tip stays in a 45 degree angle.
Doc said wearing a splint for 6 weeks might give the tendon a change to grow and heal.
but no guarantee. if I even bend the tip one time I'm back to square one....
removing the stitches en setting/station the finger tip was bad an the splint hurts on the wound edges.
finger feels numb and painful.
so gonna have some uncomfortable weeks ahead. :o
but on a world scale with earthquakes and lethal diseases like ALS and Cancer it's nothing.
I'm grateful it's only the finger tip that's hurt and I have good hope for a positive end  ;)

Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 11:13:31 am »
Attitude is everything!!! And it is amazing how fast time and healing happens. It just doesn't seem like it at the time.  Remember we are all here for you.
Look at it this way:
You can always "POINT" out the advantage of safety around power equipment.  ::) ;D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 11:34:44 pm »
So sorry to hear of your injury, but it's kind of good to know that I'm not the only one who's hurt themselves in the shop.  Two years ago I managed to let my left hand get "grabbed" by a pneumatic drum sander.  Tore some ligaments and broke both bones in the wrist.  Then I  got to wait in the emergency room for over 7 hours before they took care of it.   Hope yours heals as well as mine did.
Nancy
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

SMF

Teknoromi