Author Topic: Spent the day sanding my wood for future projects....  (Read 888 times)

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
Spent the day sanding my wood for future projects....
« on: March 28, 2012, 07:50:48 pm »
Great day, lots of sun, wind and cooler temps made it perfect for getting out in the driveway and sanding my wood for projects. Lots of up and down the stairs, but I need some exercise too. Spent some time these past months pickin thru the scrap piles at the Menards around me. Pickedup some 3/4" x 12" x 4'  cut offs for ...... hang on..$0.49. I love finding that knotted pine.... had quite a stack but managed to get er all done. Now I can hit the saw.
GO PACK GO

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Spent the day sanding my wood for future projects....
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 08:13:44 pm »
Good for you!  It's always a good feeling to get ahead in that department.  Then when the inspiration hits - you can get right to the fun part!  :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:00:15 pm »
Preparing is still part of the task.  Hope your day was profitable, AND enjoyable.

Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

stipes

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 12:47:10 pm »
Glad your day was good. Been great weather here in Ky. also. About pickin scrap wood. You can go to alot of lumber yards, or mills and get slabs, cutoffs. I had been cutting my slabs off and using for firewood, but now into scrolling, I get a half inch thick piece from a slab I been savin it....LOL!! Guess it's got me really bad...LOL!!!

SMF

Teknoromi