Author Topic: blue pine at menards  (Read 1672 times)

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
blue pine at menards
« on: October 13, 2012, 10:22:11 am »
Just went strolling thru my local menards here in southeastern wisconsin. I found blue pine mixed in with other pine boards. Found them in 2 x 4" x all lengths, also in 1 x 4 x all lengths. Picked some up for my first intarsia attempt.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:29:45 am by TheMelster »
GO PACK GO

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
Re: blue pine at menards
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 03:52:41 pm »
You were lucky to find Blue Pine in a place like Menards; I keep looking at places like Home Depot, Lowe's and even local lumber yards, but have never found any. I get mine from "The Handsome Woodman". 
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 02:28:58 am »
I ordered one board from handsome woodman and another one from Occoch. They were about the same price all in all. Both boards were nice in their own way. I used one for the water and one for the sky in an intarsia piece.

http://ocoochhardwoods.com/intarsia_wood.php allows you to buy boards by thickness but you cant pick out the exact board. I did tell them what I needed the board for and they sent me a pretty nice piece. The funny thing is, one side of the blue pine board was almost regular looking pine with only a few bluish gray streaks. I saw that side first and thought I had blew my money. Turned it over and it was perfectly beautiful. 

http://thehandsomewoodman.com allows you to view the exact board you want to buy. So you know what to expect every time.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 02:34:31 am by mrtcurtis »

Dean A

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 11:24:13 am »
I buy my wood from Ocooch, good prices, fast delivery, great service

SMF

Teknoromi