General Category > Tutorials, Techniques and Tips

peel and stick

<< < (2/4) > >>

scrappile:
Do any of you that use this, do you do detailed fret work.  Like real detailed pictures.  I would like to know if it works well for that?  I don't want to experiment on a detail picture I have spent a few weeks on. 

wedo:
I have used it on closely cut frets, sometimes within a 1/8". It appears to stick well without lifting. The only time I had any lifting was when I applied it first to one board, changed my mind and peeled it off and applied to a second board. It started to lift in the closely cut areas, but still was usable. 

rjweb66:
Actually Steve got the idea from someone on the scrollsaw Village forum, glad you all like it, RJ

tinker1:

--- Quote from: scrappile on November 28, 2017, 06:06:34 pm ---Do any of you that use this, do you do detailed fret work.  Like real detailed pictures.  I would like to know if it works well for that?  I don't want to experiment on a detail picture I have spent a few weeks on.

--- End quote ---

I used it today on some christmas ornaments, on one i had lifting but it was the pattern not the peel and stick.
I also used a different spray adhesive so im thinking more along the line of spray adhesive the issue, applied more adhesive spray.
so far peel and stick is holding.

Norm Fengstad:
I use peel and stick  on most cuttings. Putting it on the bottom of a picture puzzle increases blade life, no burning and makes the binding tape much easier to peel of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version