Author Topic: Prayer Request....  (Read 1713 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Prayer Request....
« on: January 22, 2014, 11:16:11 am »
I have a prayer request.

There's a lady I've known forever. She's very sick. On top of that, she's being abused by those to whom she has given everything.  Lies about her abound, and seem to come from all sides. Just breaks my heart. Seems there's nothing I can do alone but maybe, if we join in and lift her up together, we can heal her.

She's well over 230 years old, but way too young to die. Her name is 'America'. I love her and have always been proud of her. Take time to say a prayer for her - even if it is a short, simple prayer like,? Lord, please heal our land. Amen.?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Re: Prayer Request....
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 11:40:38 am »
I saw a poster once that read "Do not pray for an easier life. Pray instead for greater strength."

Make your workshop a model of innovation, self-sufficiency, and thrift. That three-legged stool is as solid as it was in 1776.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 11:52:05 am »
I Pray for her often. Pray our so called leaders will wake up and start doing the Right thing to keep her healthy . All we can do is leave it in Gods Hands.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 12:22:16 pm »
Our government leaders need help.  Maybe if we all got behind and pulled they could get their heads out of their posteriors.  There will be a slight "POP" when the ears let loose  :D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 01:03:59 pm »
Our government leaders need help.  Maybe if we all got behind and pulled they could get their heads out of their posteriors.  There will be a slight "POP" when the ears let loose  :D
Judy, it's not the pop as the ears let loose you need to worry about - it's all the c**p that drains down from their heads and drains out after!!!
we have the same trouble over here with our so called "leaders"
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Malistar22

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 01:05:39 pm »
I might get criticized for even mentioning this here but I'm not that religious of a person. I admit there is some power in prayer, but I don't think prayer alone is going to do much for this country.  What has to happen is people need to take an active part in the decisions that are being made. I recently went to a local city council meeting. Now mind you, this city I live in has 73,000 people in it. Guess how many showed up at the council meeting? 4.  That's the number four.  A quick run with my calculator and that comes out to .000005479 percent of the population of my city cared enough to attend a meeting and voice their opinions to the people WHO CAN ACTUALLY MAKE THE CHANGE. Now maybe 4 people can make a difference, but change will come a lot quicker if 40,000 people came to that meeting. Unfortuntely, most people just don't care as much as they say they do.

I see on Facebook and other forums all the time about people complaining about so many things. It's way easier to complain to people who can't do anything about it than it is to get involved with those who can it seems. I'm not scolding anyone here and in fact, I'm guilty of it too at times. But this stuff really gets my fire burning. My favorite saying is "It's better to light a candle than rage against the darkness." And it's so true. People rage all the time because that's the easy way. It's also quite ineffective.

Like Dave Matthew says in one of his songs, "We got to do much more than believe if we really want to change things."

Anyway, just my two cents on the matter. It's great to raise awareness and prayer isn't going to hurt, but it also doesn't hurt to stand up in front of a forum of your peers and tell them they suck at their job and demand they do it better. :)

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 02:20:58 pm »
The only people that bother to vote are those that stand to make a living by voting and that includes the dead that vote too.
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

SheGold

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 12:08:37 pm »
I pray often for our country. God bless her and heal her ill's... hugs.. Sheila

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 08:57:00 pm »
Malistar22,
I am on the village board in Patch Grove, Wi  pop. 198 we usually have 2-3 people at our meetings...I Guess we're way ahead of you :)
Pete
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 02:01:13 am »
Thanks, GB,
I hope your message got a lot of people thinking and praying.
God Bless! Spirithorse

SMF

Teknoromi