Author Topic: Mike's Workshop  (Read 9920 times)

pddesertrat

Mike's Workshop
« on: March 08, 2015, 04:22:01 pm »
Looks like Mike at 84 has decided to retire.  Word is he has sold his business to The Wooden Teddy Bear (WTB).   WTB is based in Portland,Ore.  They have been selling Flying Dutch blades for some time.  So sad to see the era of Mike's Workshop close it's doors, but I only wish the best for Mike.  He was a pleasure to do business with.  I only hope WTB can live up to Mike's reputation.  Mike set the bar way up there.

Offline tommyb43

• View Profile
Re: Mike's Workshop
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 04:36:50 pm »
Wishing Mike all the best for his retirement (84 and still at it, Shuts me up for winging at 50 something)

True gentleman and a fair business man.

Lets see if the WBT can match his prices and shipping to the UK Time will tell

Tom Ipswich Suffolk UK

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 04:59:14 pm »
I also wish Mike all the best! I met Mike several times when I was just starting out.  Wooden Teddy is a good, reputable company. Vernon and Keri are wonderful people. I am happy they are the ones Mike passed the torch to. :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

pddesertrat

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 05:33:36 pm »
I also wish Mike all the best! I met Mike several times when I was just starting out.  Wooden Teddy is a good, reputable company. Vernon and Keri are wonderful people. I am happy they are the ones Mike passed the torch to. :)

Sheila

That is good to read, Sheila.  I may have to stop by sometime and meet  them.  I travel to Portland often. 

Have you ever notices that most "scroll saw people" are good people. 

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 06:07:59 pm »
Yes, I agree! Most of us are happy and keeping busy creating. Keeps us out of trouble. ;)   They are really good though. :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Rover2

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 07:21:26 pm »
I am very happy for Mike and wish him the best!!!  (84 year old?) I had no idea.   The man is amazing and God bless him!!  I just received an order from him on Friday. (must be one of his last)   I can also say that I have dealt with the Wooden Teddy Bear several times and they are great people.  Keep on Scrolling.

Al

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 08:51:59 am »
I just got an order and message from Mike last week.  His business will be sorely missed by the scrollsaw community.  I hope he will still join us on the forum.  His expertise and guidance has been invaluable.  Best wishes for an excellent retirement.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 10:01:06 am »
Mike's work ethics and customer service will be hard to beat.  WTB is going to have to work hard to even come close to Mikes service.  His business will be missed throughout the scroll saw community.  Wishing him a happy retirement.  Hopefully we will see some of his projects now that he has more time for the saw.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline TripleB

• Simply put, I love Scrolling!
    • View Profile
    • Scroll Saw Paradise
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 10:34:52 am »
Mike, Thank you for the many years of great service and knowledge that you have provided the scroll saw community. Good luck and I will miss doing business with you.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 12:30:43 pm »
HAPPY RETIREMENT Mike,  I will miss you.  Hope you join in at the forum from trie to time ;D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 02:43:56 pm »
May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You, Mike!

HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

GrayBeard
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 12:06:53 am »
Enjoy your retirement, Mike.  You've earned it.  You will be missed by many here who have come to depend on you for recommendations and great service.  Thank you for that!!

John, aka Crabbyboater
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 09:28:56 am »
Wouldn't you know it, I was ready to place an order yesterday.  I was going to try the blade fastening knobs that Mike had on his site as looked as though they would help my arthritic fingers.  Looked on WTB and didn't see them on their site so don't know if they will stock them or not.
Can't blame Mike as at his age, he is entitled to some retirement.  I had the opportunity to meet him a few times at some of the scrolling conventions and you couldn't find a nicer guy.  He will definitely be missed.

pddesertrat

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 10:39:58 am »
As I understand it, "Mike's Workshop" will remain, just have a new phone number. 

UHMNL

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 06:22:09 pm »
Kepy,
They have the Quick Lever as soon as they come home. They left late fro Eastern SD going to OR.
Mike

SMF

Teknoromi