Author Topic: Personalized wood branding kits  (Read 1405 times)

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
Personalized wood branding kits
« on: July 31, 2012, 05:19:42 pm »
Does anyone use a branding kit to mark their products. If so what is the best to get, electric/tourch heated. I have seen one at Rockler for $105. What are your suggestions?
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Personalized wood branding kits
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:19:51 pm »
Hey Clyde, I have an electric iron and like it very much. It is more expensive but I think having an open flame in the shop is not the way to go!
Dan In Southern California

Offline towdude3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 10:52:44 am »
I use an electric one. If you have a woodworking show or a Rockler around you, you should be able to get it cheaper than 105.00. I think I only paid 65.00 for mine a few years ago. The only bad side of electric is it takes time to heat up and if you use it to stamp a lot of stuff it has to reheat during stamping. I agree the torch in the shop may not be a good idea. Mike

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 12:17:06 am »
I also have an electric purchased at. Woodcraft.  You buy it in the store then send in a form and the UPC and they promptly ship the personalized head back to you.  Other places offer more options for the brand but the one from woodcraft was simple ans a little less expensive and does a good job.  I agree that electric is the way to go, if nothing else, then for consistency.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

SMF

Teknoromi