Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 86040 times)

kisbit

Re: Welcome
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2010, 05:04:45 am »
Hi,
I'm Szilvia from Hungary. I love soo much your blog, hope that this place will be as friendly place like that! Wish good luck to You to do this!

jimt2099

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2010, 11:20:26 am »
Hi, I'm Jim T. from Ohio. I have been scrolling for about 2 years now. I have an on-line outlet for my wares at www.janddwoodcrafts.etsy.com. I think Steve Good is the greatest asset that a new, as well as an experienced, scroller can come across. I thank you Steve for all the help you have been as well as for many great scrollsaw plans. I think this forum is just another fantastic tool that you have come up with to promote the scrolling hobby/profession. Again I thank you for it.

David P

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2010, 07:26:44 pm »
Hi David P from Lansing IL

Mr Trippy

Hello from Michigan
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2010, 11:00:32 pm »
Hello everyone, my name is Bob and I'm from Owosso Michigan. I have been scrolling for a little over a year now and love it (when I get time) I have made a bowl,a little fret work.

Thank you Steve

Bob

garyw

« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2010, 05:24:45 am »
hi all from sw london england im 39 and been woodworking for the last 4 years or so and realy enjoy it and making  your scrollsaw patterns keep up the good work gary

kathie

Hello from Cape Cod
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2010, 11:27:15 am »
Hi, I'm Kathie from Cape Cod. I do decorative painting on wood. Just got all my woodworking tools out of storage after a few years. I'm excited to going. Glad to be here.

kathie

« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2010, 11:44:58 am »
Let's try this again! 
Hi, I'm Kathie from Cape Cod. I do decorative painting on wood. Just got all my woodworking tools out of storage after a few years. I'm excited to ~get~ going. Glad to be here.

wildbill

« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2010, 12:12:07 pm »
Hi Steve

I enjoy your site.  I am wildbill from GR Mi.  I have learned alot since I have been on board. I know I am a newbie. How does one become a full member?

Offline wedo

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2010, 03:31:41 pm »
Hi, I'm Bill from Tennessee. I've been a woodworker for many years but just now getting into scrolling. I intend to build a wooden geared clock, however I'm now working on other types to develop some skill. Looking forward to learning much.

Steve, I really appreciate your efforts to support scrolling.
Bill

shrimpmojo

« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2010, 04:11:09 pm »
Hello Steve.

I'm Shrimpmojo (george) from the great state of Washington. I have been scrolling for about 1 year and use a Dremel but hope to up grade to a pro saw. This great place to read about scrollsawing and meet good people. Keep up the great work.

MikieD

Hi from Barrie Ontario
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2010, 09:30:40 am »
     Hi Everyone.  I have been lurking on this site for some time now and thought it was time to introduce myself.  My name is Mike Dunk and I live in Barrie Ontario.  I have been practicing retirement for 16 years and I am almost getting it right!

I am a wood carver who took up scrolling as another way to work with wood and I have fallen in love with the possibilities.  I enjoy Steve's patterns and like doing portraits.  I also enjoy doing miniature projects and am attaching three examples of my work.  I have included a US and Canadian quarters (25 cent pieces) to give some idea of the scale.

Thank you Steve for this site and for all the work you put into it, it is appreciated.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2010, 09:35:16 am »
Hi Mike! Welcome, and that is some really nice work. I wish I could do intricate work like that. My hands just don't work that well. I would love to see more

Dawie

« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2010, 11:44:15 am »
Hi Mike,
Lovely work. Where did you get the patterns from. ? love steam engines and would like to get hold of the pattern of the train.
David.

Rick

« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2010, 02:14:19 pm »
Hi everyone, my name is Rick.  I have only been scrolling for about a year, but I have really become hooked.
I presently live in Florida?????, but will be returning to NY as soon as I can sell my house. I am in NY now so I don't have access to my saw, which is about the only thing I miss about Florida, ONLY MY OPINION.

I'm back home in NY because my niece & her husband just had a beautiful baby boy this morning (7:50 AM), and we wanted to be here for the blessed event, WELCOME CONNER ANDREW.  My wife & I have no children but have been very fortunate to be real close to my brothers two girls and this is really exciting.  I an't wait to get to my saw so I can crank out the toys.

Thank you Steve for your blog and now for this site.  I have been a follower of your posts and have enjoyed all your plan books, I know this will be a great site. 

boxmaker

« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2010, 08:15:06 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and to posting. I am not even sure if I am doing this right. I hope to get better and post often. Thanks everyone I think this is fantastic, I have made some of steves  box patterns, as you can see from the name I picked I like making boxes. I also purchased some of sheila landrys patterns, where I followed a link from steves site.  I have been scrolling for about two years now and just updated to a new scroll saw. well I better post this and make sure it works.

SMF

Teknoromi