Author Topic: Pegas 21" Scroll Saw or Seyco ST-21 Swing Tilt Scroll Saw/ Which one?  (Read 2134 times)

Offline rustynail

• View Profile
I am thinking about selling my 21’’ DeWalt type one scroll saw and up grading to one of these saws only (sorry I am not interested in any others). I am torn as they both get good reviews. I like that the Seyco has the larger table like my DeWalt has but the Pegas has the better blade holders and can tilt more. Currently I don’t specialize in any kind of sawing but I like versatility. I have been doing some marquetry as of late and did use my DeWalt for that but want to do multiple things. For those that have used, seen, or have both or have thoughts on which one please help me decide on which one tilts the scales. I know Steve Good has given both great reviews and that just makes it more confusing.

Thanks

« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 09:10:50 am by rustynail »

Offline tbolt

• View Profile
Re: Pegas 21" Scroll Saw or Seyco ST-21 Swing Tilt Scroll Saw/ Which one?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 07:35:58 pm »
Have not cut on the pegas have cut on Seyco don’t know that there is a lot of difference but I do know Seyco has the best parts and service if you need it.

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 08:56:49 am »
can't comment on Pegas but do have the Seyco and type 1 Dewalt like the Seyco for its arm lift, its higher clearance, table size and the arm tilt rather than table tilt.I like the  Dewalt for its up front blade tension. Both saws are real dolls to cut on. as to cutting on an angle I can't recall ever tilting more than a few degrees.

Offline Berta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 01:59:58 pm »
If I was going to buy a new saw I would buy the Pegas. No question

SMF

Teknoromi