Author Topic: Thanks to all my friends  (Read 2078 times)

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Thanks to all my friends
« on: March 01, 2013, 07:25:34 pm »
I would like to thank all my friends here for your support with emails and posts. I was sitting in the airport in L.A. waiting for my flight to Mississippi when I checked my emails. GB was checking up on me as I hadn't posted in a while. I didn't want to burden the forum with my issue. I explained to GB what was going on and thanked him for his concern. When I Finally got to my hotel room around 9:30 pm I was overwhelmed with all the emails and replies to GB's post. I also want to thank Marion (marmoh) who met me at the airport on Thursday for lunch! What a lovely lady with a great sense of humor! We have been online friends since this forum started, but just meet face to face for the first time!
Nicole was 33. She though she had the flu but her symptoms lasted for over a month. She didn't think it was more than that. Her husband, who was in Afghanistan called her and was worried because of her symptoms. He called a friend to check up on her and took her to the hospital where she was diagnosed with leukemia with four long words in front of it. John, her husband was able to make it home in time to be with her before she died. she was buried on Wednesday their first wedding anniversary. She leaves behind her 11 year old daughter who is going to live with her new stepfather.
Needless to say its been a tough couple of weeks.
Thanks to all my friends here, you have made it a little bit easier.
Dan In Southern California

Mainewoods

Re: Thanks to all my friends
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 07:49:09 pm »
No words can really help, but I'm very sorry for your loss Dan!  Know that we're all here for you!

Glen

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 08:42:12 pm »
What can be said that has not already been said. I am so sorry for your loss, I pray to God above that He will give you the strength to get through this difficult time. Clyde
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 07:30:10 am »
I've been thinking of you and your family a lot.  I am happy you find some comfort in your friendships here.  I wish you and your family all the best.

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 12:54:07 pm »
Again my sincere condolences on the loss of your beautiful daughter.  May god rest his hand on your shoulder and walk through this heart breaking time with you to help you and your family heal.

God Bless, Chelcass
ChelCass

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 02:05:55 pm »
I don't think there is anything we can say that will ease your pain, but I can say we're all here for you. If you need to talk we are only a phone call away.
I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 04:10:13 pm »
Agree with Keefie and others -  There are no words. but know that we are here for you and your family.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 01:44:04 am »
No words is right!
At least not in polite company.
So sorry Dan.
Gabby Bill
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 09:20:33 pm »
Been following your situation for some time here, just want you to know I'm praying for you and your family.

Pete
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Becky

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 11:44:32 pm »
I am so very sorry for your loss, Dan.  I can't imagine any loss that would be harder to bear.  Hugs from me to you, my friend.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 01:02:38 am »
Dan I wish I could put my arms around you and hold you tight right now but unfortunately that is not possible but please remember how very much we all care for you and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Marg  ((((HUGS))))
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

SMF

Teknoromi