Author Topic: Important heads up folks.  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Important heads up folks.
« on: March 06, 2014, 12:13:24 am »
This is serious information folks spread it around to your family and friends so that they can protect themselves. Man what they can do with electronics nowadays, scarry stuff.
Copy and paste the URL if it doesn't open for you..
Gabby

Bill Myers is a very savvy photo guru.

In the video below, Myers shows why posting your iPhone and other digital photos to Facebook, YouTube, etc.,can be dangerous.

Well worth your time if you post photos online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvZF-yP_ceU

MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: Important heads up folks.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 02:04:16 am »
Thanks, Gabby,
Isn't that just scary?
I hope the crooks aren't watching these videos to see how to
do these things more easily! LOL
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 02:14:50 am »
Just because they are crooks doesn't mean they are stupid or completely ignorant, which is why the heads up is important.
G
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

alien11

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 09:39:31 am »
Good tip to turn-off EXIF or geo-related info, but better yet is to strip the EXIF info out completely. No one but you needs that info (and I'd guess most of us don't use it anyway). Stripping EXIF is fairly easy. Crop (or otherwise edit) the image and save the edited file. Many (but nor all) editing programs will not attach the EXIF to the copy. Test your editor to find out. Its a good idea to save the copy with a new name. When I edit I append a letter to the file name of the copy and keep both copy and original.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 04:01:49 pm »
This is why I always with any phone I get turn off the satellite option it just runs the battery down plus gives your location, and also go straight to camera before ever taking that first picture and turning of location tag just for this reason, I  have noticed alot of people won't do this step and even just right clicking a picture and chose either properties or info will show where about they took the photo if there location tag is turned on.

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 02:54:12 pm »
Thanks Gabby. That's one reason I'm not on Facebook. On the other side of the coin, I saw an article about a lady that had her purse stolen. In the purse was her phone. The thief took pictures from a cruise ship and they were automatically uploaded to a photosharing site. The geo information helped track the phone and the thief.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 10:00:41 pm »
By the way those cars with GPS built into them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what folks Big Brother knows exactly where you are 24/7/365
sure that's nice if you are stranded and need to have help, but you can't turn it
off that I know of so I wouldn't want that feature and they are equiping some of the new cars
with a police activated kill switch, nice now BB knows where you are and can stop you in your tracks.
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy how about you?  Sarcastic Smirk!!!!!
Oh sure they need that to PROTECT US from people running from the police, yeah sure.
I have some ocean front property in Phoenix AZ I'll sell you, cheap!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 10:03:51 pm »
With enough tinkering and know how those things can be unhooked or cut out, there is a way around it just got to wait for somebody to find it and figure out how to turn it off or unhook it.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 11:04:22 pm »
With enough tinkering and know how those things can be unhooked or cut out, there is a way around it just got to wait for somebody to find it and figure out how to turn it off or unhook it.

So in the meantime there it is, and once someone has figured a way to disconnect it then everyone has to learn how to do it and sure enough it will take a special tool that isn't avaliable everywhere.
My solution don't buy it in the first place and then tell them why you aren't buying their product.

OH yeah "Onstar How May I help you?"
Not this kid!
G
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

SMF

Teknoromi