Author Topic: Project storage  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Tino

• View Profile
Project storage
« on: December 23, 2015, 10:30:29 pm »
How does everyone store their completed projects? I have been collection a bunch of projects. I will try to sell them this spring but for now some of them are delicate and I want to make sure they're still in tact by the spring.  TIA

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Project storage
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 11:55:57 am »
Welcome to the site. For small projects I use boxes like shoe boxes and some a little larger. For larger portraits I hang some on my wall and stack others in a large box. The key is to keep them away from small children and clumsy adults.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 05:43:41 pm »
I have been collecting the polystyrene (foam) boxes from my local Hotel (pub). They are the boxes that have the salmon delivered in. They store many of my projects, including my pens. I just add a frozen ice brick into the box and this protects the pens from the heat. Longer items would fit in there easily as well. I use bubble wrap to further protect the items.
The plus side is, they are quite strong and stack-able, and they are free.

link broken so removed.

Dave
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 03:39:04 am by Hawkdave »
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 09:27:13 am »
I use plastic totes and lay my items flat with a towel between each layer. I go to the dollar stores and buy the towels. I buy good heavy duty totes because I stack them in my trailer to transport to shows.

Offline Tino

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 09:26:07 am »
Thanks for your replies. 

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 09:30:25 am »
I bought "mailer" boxes from Uline and store my boxes in them.  Cost me 89 cents each.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline OPi

• View Profile
    • Mahogany and Birch
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 03:13:52 pm »
I use zip-lock bags. Insert project, fill with air, sip it shut to seal it, and it is in its own bubble. I also number all of my projects and write the number on the bag with a permanent marker.
Turning itty-bitty lines into sawdust. There is a fine line between aweSOME and aweFUL (this is especially true when using a scrollsaw).

cowboysfanatic

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 07:50:41 pm »
Big plastic totes with wooden backers for each portrait

SMF

Teknoromi