Author Topic: SPAM  (Read 3879 times)

Offline Chase

• View Profile
    • ScrollArt by Chase
SPAM
« on: July 16, 2012, 11:40:24 am »
I am getting literally over a hundred spam e-mails a week from this address.  Sometimes over 25 a day.

cobon+owners@googlegroups.com

Is anyone else having this problem? 

BTW they are addressing the SPAM to cobon@googlegroups.com but it is coming to my mail box.  I subscribe to a couple of Google alert msg and to Steve's scrolling tips.  Steve says it is not coming from his site.

My ISP is Comcast.

They don't have a opt out address.  What can I do?

Chase
Chase--Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

http://home.comcast.net/~chasesmeeks/ScrollArt-by-Chase.html

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: SPAM
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 11:47:03 am »
Hey Chase, Cant you add the address to your spam folder or filter?
Dan In Southern California

fletch

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 01:06:50 pm »
Hi

Because the email is in your mail box and its not one you have sent; I would change your email password as it may be malware sending these emails out from your address but there being blocked by the receivers so there being bounced back to your mail box

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 03:06:15 am »
I advise people here do not go to that web page. It probably has a spam virus which will then affect your computer. I use a product called Avast. It is free and one of the worlds best anti virus protections. You can get it from avast.com. If you use this product you do not want to use any other anti virus at the same time. (two anti virus softwares on the same computer fight each other as if they are both viruses) I hope this info on avast helps. I worked as a school computer and tech teacher and also for the school as an IT for 2 years. It was at a state conference that I learned about avast. It is all I have used since.

Offline Chase

• View Profile
    • ScrollArt by Chase
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 09:39:37 am »
Many thanks to all who helped.  I think the problem is solved.  My ISP is Comcast.  I just moved the e-mails to the spam folder on Comcast e-mail. 

Apparently that blocked that address.

cs
Chase--Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

http://home.comcast.net/~chasesmeeks/ScrollArt-by-Chase.html

Offline budprine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 04:24:36 pm »
I used to manage a group using Google.  I'd suggest you "Google" 'Google Groups".
They have a help center and there you can report this type of activity. 
They'll investigate and shut it down for everyone if they find it is used for spamming.
best regards,

Bud Prine

SMF

Teknoromi