Author Topic: Has anybody built the scroll saw table from plan's by Kenneth Van Winkle?  (Read 1360 times)

spark

I did and I love it. I have an Hitachi cw40 scroll saw it had a metal stand with it that worked OK. But the plan's for this stand looked like they would suit me better. I can run at full speed and hardly have any vibration. I was just wondering if anybody else had tried it.

Happy Scrolling, David  :)

ripchief

Thanks...Glad it's working out for you...My real name is Ken Van Winkle

I have a Dremel that some have referred to as the "vibro-matic 2000"...I've been told that the in-line orientation of the motor (I believe the Hitachi, Porter-Cable, and a couple others have the same setup) is a significant contributor to the vibration...Since designing and using this stand, I've significantly reduced the vibration that I used to have with this saw mounted to less sturdy tables/benches.

sp_343

I am getting supplies to build it this weekend...I will post pics and let you know how it works.  I'm guessing it will be great!!!

northie66

I plan too.  I have the wood... I don't have the carpet and such though.

ripchief

Everybody, just something to keep in mind...Please adjust exact measurements as needed...Although the dimensions provided should accommodate a wide range of scroll saw models, there might be some cases where something here or there might need to be adjusted to meet your specific needs...For example, I used a twelve inch wide board for the top (the mounting screw pattern for a lot of scroll saws fall within this width)...However, some saws such as the Excalibur (I'm not sure of the actual footprint) might require a little wider board.

Janet, although I like the look, carpet isn't the only material that can be used to cover the top...I had also contemplated using either rubber or cork instead of the carpet...After using this setup for a while, the carpet gives it more of a furniture feel (might be a plus to some of you that scroll inside the house)...I didn't stain it yet, but I've been contemplating it just to give it a little zest.

I look forward to seeing pictures.

SMF

Teknoromi