Author Topic: Reverse tooth blades  (Read 1277 times)

shissta

Reverse tooth blades
« on: April 29, 2010, 03:23:29 pm »
I have a question for those that said the reverse tooth blade was their prefered choice of blades.  I am having trouble controlling the blade eventhough I have the speed turned down.  I am getting chips in my board (baltic Burch ply 3/16) as well.  My board isn't the best quality but is all I can get locally. I am using a 2/0 reverse tooth spiral and having no luck.  The finished cut looks real rough and the blade seems to have a mind of its own.  Does anyone else seem to have these types of problems?  Any suggestions?

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: Reverse tooth blades
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 04:20:18 pm »
Be sure you  the right tension.  I have never been a fan of spiral blades they always seem to have a mind of their own, where I am concerned anyway.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

UHMNL

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 08:09:26 pm »
I no not believe in slow speed on a saw. The blade might grab the wood instead of cutting it. Also you might have a tentency of pushing too hard into the wood and you will loose control and break blades.
Good tension, good speed and let the blade do the cutting and you should be OK.
Why are you using a spiral blade, most are very hard to control. I would use a double tooth blade with reverse teeth.
FD Mike

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 04:07:32 am »
It sounds like what you have is birch but not Baltic Birch.  You might try stacking 2 of the 3/16" pieces and use a reverse tooth flat blade and see if you can get better results.

SMF

Teknoromi