Author Topic: What is the best glue  (Read 3963 times)

joscrolls

Re: What is the best glue
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 09:57:33 am »
Thanks, Rip, for the tips. Never thought of using tape to mask unwanted glue areas!

Marshall

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 10:43:56 am »
I've had great luck with ELMER"S ProBond wood Glue for many-a-many years .........

ripchief

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 08:38:17 pm »
One note on using the masking tape...The tape can be removed either after the glue has completely dried, or when the glue has partially dried (just after it is no longer a liquid, but before it becomes fully solid)...I have found that although both of these work, removing the tape before the glue completely hardens is easier than waiting until it has completely dried...If the glue is still somewhat soft, it pulls right off with the tape...If the glue has had a chance to harden, then the tape either pulls out from under the glue, or the tape rips during removal...If this is the case, a utility knife is needed to clean off the dried glue and the remnants of tape...Either way, it's much better than spreading glue everywhere and having it negatively impact the project.

daneklund

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 01:22:55 am »
I primarily do intarsia and work with a lot of exotic woods.  I have settled on using Titebond III.  It works very well with all of the woods and have not experienced any problems of not holding with those woods.

SMF

Teknoromi