Author Topic: Love My Cats/Dogs Pattern  (Read 756 times)

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
Love My Cats/Dogs Pattern
« on: November 25, 2020, 09:13:09 am »
The recently posted patterns of cat and dog picture frames left me confused, as I'm not good at construction.  ???

I understand the main pattern of the frame cut out with picture of animal, and them I'm guessing the photo mount board goes behind that to hold picture in place-with what-glue?  Wouldn't that make it permanent and you couldn't change or replace picture?

Then the 2 figures on the following page are some sort of brace or stand parts?  That go where, how? 

Being blonde, I need a little more information to put this all together.  I'm sure everyone else gets this but me, so I hope someone doesn't mind giving me a few more details, thanks.

Scrolling has its perks

Offline KCSteve

• View Profile
Re: Love My Cats/Dogs Pattern
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 09:24:48 am »
I looked at the Cat/Cats pattern.

The two wedges are for making it a tabletop piece and you would glue them to the back of the photo mount board.

If you want it to be permanent then you would glue down the photo (I use Super77 spray for all that kind of stuff) and then glue the photo mount on to the back of the frame.

Better would be to drill the marked holes in the photo mount board and use screws to attach to the front piece.  Then you can change the photo.  I would mark the photo area on the board to make life easier.  A bit of tape along the edges will hold the photo in place well enough I would think.

If you want to make it fancier, get some clear plastic - a report cover or, if you happen to get something packed in plastic with a suitable size piece use that.  Make it larger than the marked space and then (probably) staple it along the bottom and one end.  That will keep it in place but still let you get the photo in and out.

Super 77 is the good spray adhesive from 3M.  I've tried the cheaper ones and they just aren't as good.  For permanent mounting spray the back of what you're mounting and the board and wait about 1 minute for it get tacky.  You can reposition if it goes down crooked but it's not easy - best to get it right the first time.  I also use it for putting pattern on.  Generally I put blue tape first, then a quick spray of the back of the pattern and smooth it down.  Since it's on the tape I don't care if it's hard or easy to get off as long as it holds for cutting (and it does).

Hope this helps!

KCSteve :->

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
Re: Love My Cats/Dogs Pattern
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 09:45:49 am »
Thank you, KCSteve. 

Yes, you gave me a little better picture to go on. 

Some illustrations with the pattern when it was presented would have been helpful to those of us who need visual aids, which, usually Mr. Good will do now and then.  But I think I have it.

And yes, 3M Super 77 is good stuff. 
Scrolling has its perks

SMF

Teknoromi