Author Topic: 'Lil Memphis  (Read 1621 times)

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
'Lil Memphis
« on: January 30, 2014, 12:20:23 pm »
This mad dog, killer pit bull protected a friend's 3 year old from a cougar, and suffered numerous lacerations and bites. All healed up now and as sweet as ever. They asked if I'd take a try at cutting a portrait... going to take a break from Grandson's portrait pattern and start this a.m.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Re: 'Lil Memphis
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 01:46:17 pm »
The pattern looks very true to the photo, but you have a lot of floaters in there. You probably need to try to remove those before you start cutting.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 02:01:23 pm »
Thank you Ray. I'll review the .pdf you sent me. Would you mind reviewing my earlier response to the issue of not being able to open files after applying [Fill & Stroke], and lettering (Computer Questions, "GIMP Re-visited, Jan. 29). Thank you, Barry.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 02:03:04 pm by overfifty »

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 11:42:11 pm »
Do you mean using Inkscape to Fill&Stroke, saving it as SVG or PNG, then loading it into GIMP? I've not had any problems loading either SVG or PNG into GIMP after Fill&Stroke in Inkscape. What version of each program are you using? I use GIMP 2.6.2 and Inkscape 0.48. Maybe list the steps you go through and I'll try to reproduce the problem.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 02:47:03 pm »
Beautiful pattern of a beautiful dog.  I am a Pit lover and have always thought they got a bad rap.  Never ceases to amaze me how ignorant some people can be.  Thanks for doing a tribute to this beautiful dog.
ChelCass

SMF

Teknoromi