Author Topic: Mirror Backer  (Read 4276 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mirror Backer
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 11:06:36 am »
Gluing wood to glass can be done!

I have a product, "E6000" that I get from Michael's that will glue almost anything TO almost anything!

I most recently used it to glue some Brazillian Agate 'slices' to frosted glass for a lampshade that a friend made.

Good Stuff!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 05:49:06 pm »
I like the idea of the double sided tape. I had to replace some carpet tape a while back. It had finally worked free of the carpet but where it was stuck to the wood floor was a bugger to get off, really strong rubbery adhesive it would probably hold nearly anything solid or smooth together. It came loose from the carpet since it isn't much of either one and the fibers tore loose from the adhesive the dirt that works it's way through the carpet probably didn't help either.
Dirt in my house????? Nah, with 4 dogs and a cat there couldn't be any dirt!!!!    ;D
LOL
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

jayhuck1

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 08:16:41 pm »
does sound like a cool idea. I know they are few and far between but up here in MN we have an IKEA store. They sell small mirrors pretty inexpensive.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 10:06:39 pm »
Since the last time I responded to this thread, I learned something else about glass.
We needed to alter my wife's sewing table which has a glass top. Took it to the glass shop it turned out it was TEMPERED glass and can't be cut.
As I recall their explanations, the glass is cut to size before tempering. At any rate I had to buy a piece of untempered glass to the reduced dimentions.
Why is it that it costs so darn much to learn these little gems?  ???
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 04:09:47 pm »
I used a mirror finish as a backer in a clock I made, I used 4mm birch ply painted matt black then stuck some of the reflective film you can get at car shops, the stuff they put on inside of car windows to give the mirror effect. It only cost me £6.99 for a 3 metre long roll of it 1 metre wide, and it worked well. hope it helps
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

SMF

Teknoromi