Author Topic: wood  (Read 1678 times)

Offline justmike

• View Profile
wood
« on: June 25, 2012, 07:36:45 pm »
I have been purchasing wood from Ocooch hardwoods but there are certain woods not available such as alder, mahogany or  WRC. Any suggestions for wood sources?

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Re: wood
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 07:49:59 pm »
thehandsomewoodman.com Is a place I got some wood from. I found them very comparable to Occoch. I only got blue pine from them, but I do believe they have other woods too.

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 08:11:25 pm »
Not knowing where you're located it's hard to make a recommendation, but most lumber yards have the type of woos you referenced.

I have ordered wood from "Thehandsomewoodman" several times and have always been very satisfied.At least there you get to view the actual piece of wood you're purchasing.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline justmike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 08:40:28 pm »
Thanks, I'm in Mississippi and in 20 yrs there might be a source here,lol. There is one place around Jackson but they only deal with 1" wood and still dont have a large selection. Maybe i should open one.

Offline Cutup

• I AM smiling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 09:06:04 pm »
Call them also.  I was at their place and they had lots of stuff that I dont believe was in their catalog.  Neat bunch too.  I think if you know that you are interested in some type wood that they dont carry, they will try to find it and start carrying it. 

SMF

Teknoromi