Author Topic: Live edge slabs  (Read 1282 times)

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Live edge slabs
« on: September 02, 2014, 12:19:16 pm »

These were cut 16 years ago by a local Amish teenager. I got them from a guy who bought them at the time and put them in his barn to dry. They are 3/4" thick cherry. The ruler on the right is 36" long so it gives a sense of their size. The surfaces are sawn - so they could be planed or sanded, or cut as they are. He has a bunch of them - he's been using them for sign making.

Any estimates a fair selling price?
Any ideas on how to package them for shipping? I was thinking of cutting a piece of 3/8" OSB and plastic wrap them, but I'm open to other suggestions.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Live edge slabs
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:57:46 pm »
OK!!! WOW!!!

I have never bought any of these things in hardwood, only the basswood ones from the hobby stores. So I have no idea what to estimate for a proper price. I will do some research this afternoon & get back to you on that.
I would gladly take the three shown in the photo.

Shipping suggestion, take them as they are to a UPS store, let them pack & ship and immediately email or call with the cost and i will send to you money via "PayPal" if you have an account. OR they could casll me when to are there and I will give them my debit card no.

You are a real friend to do this for me...Thank You immensely!

Ed Norman
3156 Meadow Trail Dr.
St. Peters, MO  63376

314-749-6079
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Ray

• View Profile
    • Slideshow of a few of my completed projects
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 03:15:47 pm »
Nice! I don't know about price, but if and when you sell, I'd be interested in some :-)

Ray

ChuckD

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 05:22:04 pm »
I love working with slabs.  When you have a price let me know.  Please, pretty please.

SMF

Teknoromi